Posted by Alex L. on Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 6:02pm.
About 9 out of 10 adults think it is a good idea to exercise regularly. But the ones who think it is a good idea, only 1 in 6 actually exercises at least 3 times a week. At this rate, how many of the 300 employees in our company exercise regularly?
What I did so far was write this:
9/10 = x/300
- Ratio and proportion - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 6:05pm
That's a good start.
1/6 = x/270
- Ratio and proportion - drwls, Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 6:06pm
The answer depends upon how one defines "regularly". If they mean "at least three times a week", the answer is
(9/10)*(1/6)*300 = 45
- Ratio and proportion - Damon, Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 6:06pm
not really a proportion problem
- Ratio and proportion - Alex L., Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 6:24pm
How do I state this question?
- At least 45 employees exercise regularly out of that rate
- Ratio and proportion - Damon, Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 6:26pm
About 45 employees in the company exercise regularly
- Ratio and proportion - Alex L., Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 6:34pm
It's because of the different rates that confuse me.
- Ratio and proportion - Damon, Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 6:59pm
well, 9/10 of the 300 want to do it
and (1/6) of that (9/10) actually do it
so 1/6 * 9/10 * 300
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English Expressions - 1. You have to work out regularly. 2. You have to exercise...
- English - 1. I think watching TV is bad because we cannot study effectively. 2. ...
- English - 1. Exercise regularly, and you will get taller. 2. Exercise regularly...
- Grammar - Students are often confused about the use of the words good and well ...
- Photography club - I was thinking about how clubs get started in college in the ...
- com 155 - Have I used good and well correctly? In my opinion, your book is very ...
- Health (Ms. Sue) - 1. Choose one component of your physical fitness that you ...
- Identifying a Fallacies - I can't seem to figure out which fallcy this would be...
- english - Life is full of choices, so I must learn to make good ones. What is ...
- Business Communications - When someone complains about a problem, is it a good ...