Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 5:06pm.
You guys helped me earlier in editing my paraphrasing paragraph(thanx allot.
This is my final draft hope it's edited correctly now.
Susan B. Anthony was arrested and fined for illegally voting in the 1872 presidential election. She refused to pay the fine she defended, and explained her act in a speech saying to the people, and citizens of the United States that she did not do anything wrong or illegal.
She was supporting her country by precipitating in voting. That right was guaranteed to her, and every American citizen to practice nobody has the right to deny that our federal constitution says:
"We, the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
Our constitution said we the people; it didn't say we the men, white or black.
Our constitution said we the people, all of us, all the United States citizens none shall be left out.
We are the people who formed the union to secure it. We equally formed it, and we need to all enjoy our rights equally. It is ridiculous to deprive, and deny woman to vote.
To us this government is ruled by a few elite citizens. To the women this government isn’t a democracy or a republican it is an aristocracy government.
The poor governs the rich, white govern black, and men govern women. Shouldn't we vote; aren't we people?
double checking if i paraphrased correctly - Damon, Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 5:14pm
She refused to pay the fine. She defended and explained her act in a speech saying to the people everywhere, and particularly to the citizens of the United States that she did not do anything wrong or illegal.
every American citizen *** has the right
forbid, not deny, women to vote
or a republic
it is an oligarchy
the poor govern
double checking if i paraphrased correctly - Anonymous, Sunday, October 30, 2011 at 4:08pm
Thank you :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- History - 11.)What was the main contribution of Susan B. Anthony in the suffrage...
- french - final draft - Well.. i posted this before and I re-edited a few things...
- checking if i paraphrased correctly - I was wondering if I paraphrased correctly...
- U.S. History - Why was Susan B. Anthony important in history? A: Susan B. ...
- chacking if i paraphrased correctly helppppppppppp - I was wondering if I ...
- english checking - I was wondering if I paraphrased correctly. The original ...
- english - I was wondering if I paraphrased correctly. The original article is:(...
- english - “It is fifty-one years since we first met, and we have been busy ...
- us history - Although Susan B. Anthony's actions were directly related to women'...
- social studies - during a group meeting when they are each reading a draft of ...