posted by Scott on .
For this assignment you are to look at the ways courtship rituals have (or have not) changed over the last generation or two. In order to do this, you will be required to spend some time interviewing a parent, grandparent, or another member of an older generation to discover the ways in which the dating practices of that generation differ (or don’t differ) from those of your own. In your essay, you should also offer some analysis of why things have (or have not) changed, and indicate whether you think the change (or similarity) is for the better. You may also rely on Patricia Cohen’s essay, “Reality TV: Surprising Throwback to the Past?,” or any other outside source you find that is relevant to your topic.
1. Three to four pages in length
2. Times New Roman 12 point font
3. One inch margins on top, bottom, left, and right sides
4. Insert page numbers in the upper right hand corner (adding your name is optional) of each page except the first.
5. Please title your paper – please avoid using titles such as “Paper Three” and so on.
6. Your personal information – name, course, semester, date and so should be listed at the top left-hand corner of the first page.
7. Document and cite all outside sources in MLA (Modern Language Association) Format. This includes a Works Cited page at the end of your essay.
All essay packets (final draft, rough drafts, and peer review sheets) should be stapled together before submission
How would you like us to help you with this assignment?
just some ideas on what to compare and contrast to get me started
Have you interviewed an older person? What did you learn about their courting rituals and dating from that person?
When I was young, I was fascinated by my grandmother's stories about meeting and "dating" my grandfather.