Posted by Kimberly on Friday, October 28, 2011 at 4:59pm.
1) Observe an elementary mathematics lesson. Write an essay of 1,500-1,750 words that addresses the following issues and summarizes your observations:
a) What is the importance of having standards in mathematics? How do standards improve mathematics instruction? Compare and contrast traditional mathematics programs versus constructivist-type programs in addressing the standards. What are some of the limitations of both types of programs? Use scholarly research to defend your rationale.
b) What was the objective(s) of the lesson?
c) What National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) standards were addressed?
d) What is the importance of having standards in mathematics? How do standards improve mathematics instruction?
e) What types of methods did you observe the teacher using? Give specific examples to support your observations?
f) Did the teacher differentiate instruction within a diverse classroom? If so, how? If not, how might the teacher have differentiated the instruction in a diverse classroom?
g) Was technology used in the instruction of the math lesson? If so, how was technology used? If not, how could technology be used in this math lesson?
h) Did the teacher use any concrete or manipulative objects, and, if so, did the teacher use them effectively?
i) How did the teacher assess learning in the classroom? Name the types of assessments used.
j) What changes might you have made to the lesson?
2) Include a copy of the lesson plan.
3) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the GCU APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
4) This assignment uses a grading rubric that can be viewed at the assignment's drop box.
EED 364 - Writeacher, Friday, October 28, 2011 at 5:01pm
"1) Observe an elementary mathematics lesson. Write an essay of 1,500-1,750 words that addresses the following issues and summarizes your observations:"
I stopped reading right there. Clearly, ONLY YOU can do all this.
If all you do is post your entire assignment, with no evidence of thinking on your part, nothing will happen since no one here will do your work for you.
But if you are specific about what you don't understand about the assignment or exactly what help you need, someone might be able to assist you. Ask specific questions!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - How do standards improve mathematics instruction
- mathematical - Having mathematical standards in grades K-12 will give students ...
- social studies - Interview a) Interview a teacher in the elementary grades ...
- Mathematics - Among 500 freshmen pursuing a business degree at a university, 313...
- Elementary Mathematics - How can a teacher help a student develop a strong ...
- World History - Ancient Egyptians conducted land surveying and built monumental ...
- AED / ASAP PLEASE - help with this please: Write a 200- to 300-word response ...
- Maths - what are the meanings of Mathematics of Buying and Mathematics of ...
- Math Essay - I have to write this paper over the history of math, can you please...
- probability - out of 250 students interviewed at a community college, 90 were ...