Posted by Jane on Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 9:55pm.
a) 2nP3 = 2(nP4)
b)6(n+1P2) = 3nP2
2) If (nC12 = (nC8), find (nC17) and (22Cn)
a) n(squared) (n-2)! - n(n-2)! / n!
b) (nC2) - (nCn-2)
4)If nPr - 506 and (nCr_ = 253, find n and r.
5) If (28C2r)/(24C2r-4) = 225/11, find r.
- Data management - MathMate, Friday, October 28, 2011 at 12:14am
cancel 2n to get
This kind of equation can be readily solved by trial and error, since they both increase monotonically at different rates.
In this case, n=1 (which is rejected) or n=8.
try (b) and (2)similarly to (a) above.
3(a) simplifies well, assuming you have left out the critical square brackets:
Give a try to 3b.
What it is saying is that
n!/(n-r)! = 2*n!/((n-r)!r!)
Cancel the n! and (n-r)! to get
=> r!=2 => r=2
After that, you only have to check by trial and error C(n,2)=253.
Give (5) a try.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- data management - 1) solve: a) (2n+1C2) = (nC2)sqaured b) 12(nC2) = n!
- Math-Data Mangment - 6(n+1P2)=3nP2
- Math - Find the shortcut. Solve these problems. Then find and explain a shortcut...
- math - How do i find the area of a triangle? For example: A squared + b squared...
- statistic - This data shows the final exam scores of 10 randomly selected ...
- maths - expand and simplify:2(x+2)squared-(2x-1)(x+2) 2x(x-2)+5x(x÷3)-x(3x-1) (...
- Data management - 1) consider the number of grid paths from the orgin in a ...
- Math!!! - Simplify the following including like terms 13rs(squared)-r+42s(...
- Math - Using the example: (a+b)(a+b)= a squared -b squared, we are asked to ...
- algebra 2 multiple choice HELP - find f(a), if f(t) = 2t2(squared)-t-2 A. 2(a+t)...