Posted by Colby on Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 7:30pm.
Does the moral judgement of some individuals worsen with age and education?
Psychologist Lawarence Kohlberg clamis that moral judgement tends to improve with age and education. He identifies moral improvement as "progrssive internalization and generalization by an individual of the ethical references which guide that individual conduct"
I disagree I don't think Kohlberg claims are reasonable. Can someone help me? with there opinion
Law - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 7:37pm
Using Kohlberg's definition of moral improvement, I have to agree with his statement.
Why do you disagree?
Law - Colby, Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 7:48pm
after studying the situation of Joe Nacchio, Mohandas Ghandi and Timothy McVeigh they all differ. I feel as though some indiviuduals can be identifed as exceptions. becuase of what tiggers them mentally.
Law - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 7:50pm
How can you say that these people were more moral when they were younger?
Law - Colby, Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 8:02pm
you are absoulty right? thanks. But does moral exist when your younger when you don't know what's what?
Law - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 8:05pm
By law, we know the difference between right and wrong when we're 18.
Law - Colby, Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 8:09pm
Law - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 8:23pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Child Development - My Moral Reasoning assignment says to select one of the age ...
- Ethics - Consequentialist theories of moral decision making would have us focus ...
- Biomedical Ethics - Can there be individuals who deserve moral consideration ...
- human growth and development - Marty's moral reasoning was tested with Kohlberg'...
- psychology 101 - List and compare Kohlberg’s 6 stages of moral development and ...
- Psychology/ Human Growth - 6. According to Kohlberg, a person's stage of moral ...
- Ethics in Criminal Justice - The correlativity of rights and duties mean that: A...
- Ethics in Criminal Justice - The correlativity of rights and duties means that: ...
- Ethical Dilemmas/Criminal Justice - Which statement is NOT consistent with ...
- psycology - Do an ESSAY Using Kohlberg's three levels and six stages of moral ...