Posted by Carson on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 10:09pm.
Can someone help me with the following analogy?
- Language - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 10:13pm
colloquy means conversation
loquacious means talkative
Be sure you understand the definitions of the other words.
What do you think is the best analogy?
- Language - Carson, Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 10:17pm
I was thinking it could be toponym:noun because a toponym is a place name and a noun is a person, place or thing. Does that make sense?
- Language - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 10:25pm
Think about A.
- Language - Carson, Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 10:27pm
That was my second guess thank you Ms. Sue.
- Language - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 10:28pm
You're welcome, Carson.
- Language - Carson, Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 10:32pm
I have one more question. I think the author of this book made a mistake on the next analogy. Take a look and see if you agree.
I think the author mistakenly labeled a platypus as a marsupial. Everything I find says they are not marsupials. Your thoughts?
- Language - Bob, Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 9:34pm
It is b because a platypus is a platyhhelminthes, and a worm is a marsupial
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Language Arts - I need help. I cannot figure out the anologies. They are... ...
- grammar - Identify ALL nouns and pronouns in the following sentence. An = not a ...
- English - I have done some extensive research on the various "-nyms", but I am ...
- History - I need help finding the answers! 1. Which of the following key terms ...
- grammar - Nouns Use the following categories to identify each noun: concrete ...
- analogy or paradox - is the following analogy paradox or irony i think its ...
- English - After having studied all the sites suggested by Sra and Writeacher, I ...
- Language - I have one more question. I think the author of this book made a ...
- Introduction to Healthcare - What are the main purpose pf ambulatory care? Is ...
- math/geometry - a. Describe the different types of planes of symmetry and axes ...