Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 6:56pm.
Choose the correct answer for the ALL CAP word
1. My father always COMPLAINS that my sister's boyfriend is lazy.
2. Uncle Frisbee, who BE as bald as a grapefruit, buys every new hair-growing tonic he HAVE heard about on television.
a. be... has
b. bees... has
c. been... have
d. is... has
3. Why DO it happen that every time I DROP my toast, it FALL on the buttered side?
a. do... drop... falls
b. does... drop... falls
c. does... drops... falls
d. does... drop... fall
4. Several students in this class HAVE a near-perfect attendance record, but only one student in all the classes HAVE a perfect attendance record.
a. have... have
b. has... has
c. have... has
d. has... have
5. I must HAVE DROVE around the development for a half hour before I WAS ABLE TO FIND my brother's new house.
a. have droven... was able to found
b. have driven... were able to find
c. have drove... was able to fined
d. have driven... was able to find
COMPLETE THE SENTENCE
6. He went to the movies with his girlfriend after he
a. finish his homework.
b. finishing his homework.
c. finnish his homework.
d. had finished his homework.
7. More people are going back to college because
a. they want to improve their career situation.
b. they wants to improve their career situation.
c. they wanted to improve their career situation.
d. they had wanted to improve their career situation.
8. Some people wonder if the use of computers in today's professions
a. have help or hurt our ability to do our jobs.
b. have helped or hurt our ability to do our jobs.
c. has helped or hurt our ability to do our jobs.
d. has helped or hurted our ability to do our jobs.
9. Movies used to be about the dramatic plots and the intricate characters; now
a. they all seem to be about sex, gore, and special effects.
b. they all be about sex, gore, and special effects.
c. it is about sex, gore, and special effects.
d. movies, they all seem to be about sex, gore, and special effects.
10. Oscar Wilde once said that a marriage is comprised of two individuals:
a. one who never remembered anniversaries and one who never forgets them.
b. one who never remembered anniversaries and one who never forgetted them.
c. one who never remember anniversaries and one who never forget them.
d. one who never remembers anniversaries and one who never forgets them.
- ENGLISH HW CHECK - Jackson, Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 7:04pm
this is what i think the answers are:
- ENGLISH HW CHECK - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 7:05pm
Seventy percent of your answers are correct.
These are wrong: 5, 9, 10
- ENGLISH HW CHECK - Jackson, Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 7:12pm
what are the answers to these questions because i think that these are the right answers.
- ENGLISH HW CHECK - Jackson, Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 7:14pm
were you talking to me or the other person?
- ENGLISH HW CHECK - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 7:16pm
I was talking to Anonymous.
- ENGLISH HW CHECK - Jackson, Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 7:19pm
are my answers right????
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. What do you usually do after school? I always go to an academy. I ...
- english - which sentence contains a verb in the simple past tense? a.the patient...
- Math: slope problem - Suppose a line passes through the point (6 caps, $3/cap) ...
- English - Choose the contraction in parentheses ( ) that correctly completes the...
- English - Mother wants to see you. Father wants to see you. Sister wants to see ...
- English - This sentence has an error but I'm not sure if this is correct. His ...
- Grammar - Proofread the following sentence. Insert punctuation as needed. He ...
- Check my answers - Question 1.Choose the answer that identifies the case of the...
- english - Which of the following sentences demonstrates proper pronoun-...
- science - Which one of the following words does not belong with the others and ...