Posted by Sandy on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 4:22pm.
What is an expanded algorithm? Son doesn't know and didn't bring home his textbook, any ideas?
4th grade math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 4:27pm
Check these sites.
4th grade math - TheQuestion, Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 6:08pm
Usually used with multiplication, creating an expanded algorithm is taking a formula and "drawing it out," or making it longer (and thus more simplified) by "un-distributing" it. For example:
Answer: an + bn
Why: In the problem, n should be distributed to both a and b using the Distributive Property of Multiplication.
Answer: 20+40+90, or 150
Why: See above.
Hope this helps!
4th grade math - Ashlee, Monday, November 16, 2015 at 7:35pm
I can't understand a word.
4th grade math - Anonymous, Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 6:54pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 4th grade math - What is an expanded algorithm? Son doesn't know and didn't ...
- 4th grade math - 31 X 19 in expanded algorithm
- 4th Grade Math - Arrays and an expanded algorithm: 23 x 17
- 4th grade - what is 27×19 in expanded algorithm?
- 4th grade - 23x17 in expanded algorithm
- graham school - how,arrays and an expanded algorithm it is a 4th grade homework
- arrays an expanded algorithm - I need an example to help my son like 23x17
- 3 rd grade math - Samantha says 1+1+1 =3 can not be writtin as a muliplication ...
- Math - What is 29x47 in expanded algorithm
- Math - How do you do arrays and an expanded algorithm