Posted by Nneka on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 5:57pm.
The score obtained by 100 applicants on an aptitude tests for selection into a program are shown in the frequency table.
Score Frequency Cumulative Freq
0-9 8 8
10-19 13 8+13=21
20-29 17 21+17=38
30-39 20 38+20=58
40-49 19 58+19=77
50-59 14 77+14=91
60-69 6 91+6=97
70-79 3 67+3=100
(a)Draw a cumulative frequency curve using 2cm to represent each class interval and 2cm to represent 10 applicants.
(b)Using your curve,answer the following:
(i)A score of 45 was considered as acceptable for the program.Estimate the number of applicants who qualified for entry.
(ii)Assuming there were places for only 15 applicants,estimate the lowest score that would be used to select them.
(iii)Calculate the probability that an applicant chosen at random obtained a score of at least 45.
Please help me. Thank you.
- Math-Cumulative Frequency - bobpursley, Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 6:01pm
Well, I am not certain what you dont understand. You are given the data points. for instance, at 59, you have the point (59,91)
do all the points that way, then plot.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Mathematics (cumulative frequency - The figures below show to t he nearest ...
- Math - When constructing a cumulative histogram do you use the frequency or ...
- CUMULATIVE FREQUENCY - I ALSO LOOKED AT THAT WEBSITE, AND WAS STILL CONFUSED. MY...
- Math - The following data set gives the difference between the winning and? ...
- Word Problem - The following data set gives the difference between the winning ...
- MATH - I HAVE LOOKED AT THE CUMULATIVE FEQUENCY TABLE EXAMPLE, AND I AM STILL ...
- Statistics - In a normal distribution of scores, four participants obtained the...
- Statistics - In a normal distribution of scores, four participants obtained the ...
- statistics - I have done an entire project based on football scores from a ...
- Math - How do you make a cumulative frequency table