Posted by Kam on Monday, October 24, 2011 at 8:26pm.
Thank you for your help. I have 2 more questions.
Which is an independent clause?
when I saw her across the street
I waved frantically
to get her attention
because I wanted to tell her something
I think is is I waved frantically.
Next is which is a dependent clause?
although they live far from each other
Sofie and Mario are best friends
They enjoy the same kinds of games
and watch little television
I think is is and watch little television
- grammar - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 24, 2011 at 8:30pm
The entire clause is "I waved frantically to get her attention."
A clause has a subject and a verb. A dependent clause cannot stand alone.
Study this site and try again for the second sentence.
- grammar - Kam, Monday, October 24, 2011 at 8:54pm
I am confused on question one my choices are:
A. when I saw her across the street
B. I waved frantically
C. to get her attention
D. because I wanted to tell her something
I think the answre is B.
The 2nd question dependent clause:
F. although they live far from each other
G. Sofia and Mario are best friends
H. They enjoy the same kinds of games
I. and watch little television
I think the answer is F.
- grammar - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 24, 2011 at 9:02pm
All of the answers for # 1 are wrong. The entire independent clause is "I waved frantically to get her attention."
Your answer for # 2 is correct.
- grammar - Kam, Monday, October 24, 2011 at 9:09pm
Thanks for your help, but on question one those are my choices A,B,C,D. I guess the best choice is "B".
- grammar - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 24, 2011 at 9:15pm
The computer may only accept B.
I'm sorry you're in this class.
We see a lot of erroneous information and faulty questions from online, for-profit "schools." The question was not written by a professional English grammar educator.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- ENGL - These three questions I am having difficulty in solving. Can you help me ...
- Grammar - I have a few more grammar questions, can someone please help me find ...
- Grammar-clauses - I put the underlined parts of the sentences in parentheses. ...
- english - can some body give me a example of a clause sentence Eric or Bear or ...
- English - 1.(The hikers walked) until they were exhausted. 2.Has John met the ...
- English: clauses - we have to to identify the dependent clause in this sentance ...
- English - Choose the term that describes the phase that is in quotes. Tony ...
- English - Ms. Sue - I guess that Ashley wasn’t popular in our town. independent ...
- Grammar - 1. Identify the NC in each of the following sentences. Tell whether it...
- ENG help please julie - I am revieing for a test these ar teh ones I can't ...