Posted by Dave on Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 11:36pm.
1. How much potential energy does a 5kg block have if it is 2m above the ground?
2. What is the mass of an object that has 40J of potential energy and is 10m above the ground?
3. What is the weight of an 8kg object?
4. How much work does it take to lift an 8kg object 2m?
5. How high up must you lift a 12kg object to give it 72J of potential energy?
6. A 5kg ball is rolling along the floor with a velocity of 3m/s. What is its kinetic energy?
7. The ball from question 6 speeds up to 6m/s. What is its new kinetic energy?
8. Compare your answers to questions 6 and 7. What do you notice about the kinetic energy when an object doubles its velocity?
- science - drwls, Sunday, October 23, 2011 at 9:00am
Use the formulas:
(Potential energy) =
M g H = (Mass)*(g)*(height)
Weight = M*g
Kinetic energy of a rolling solid ball = (7/10) M V^2
(This includes the energy associated with rotation)
Show your work if you need further assistance.
- science - rupali, Monday, June 13, 2016 at 11:44pm
1.Given :h=2m,m=5kg potential energy=mgh=5×10×2=100 J
- science - rupali, Monday, June 13, 2016 at 11:54pm
2.Given :potential energy=40J,h=10m Potential Energy =mgh since,
m=gh/P.E.=10*10/40J =20/40J =0.5kg
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - A 4kg block is sitting on the floor. (a) How much potential energy ...
- science - How much work does it take to raise a 3kg object 5m into the air? (a) ...
- Physical science - What is the gravitational potential energy of a 5kg object ...
- science 8th grade - 1. The thermal energy of an object is _____. (1 point) its ...
- Science (energy) - 1. What similarities do nuclear energy and chemical energy ...
- Physics - drwls? - A small block of mass m = 4.0 kg can slide along the ...
- Science/Math/HElP - Science- A 25N object is 3 meters up. How much potential ...
- Math-Algebra - 1. The force (in Newtons) applied to an object varies jointly as ...
- Science - A student is trying to identify the different forms of energy ...
- physics - Object A has a gravitational potential energy of 24 joules when it ...