Posted by Dave on Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 11:36pm.
1. How much potential energy does a 5kg block have if it is 2m above the ground?
2. What is the mass of an object that has 40J of potential energy and is 10m above the ground?
3. What is the weight of an 8kg object?
4. How much work does it take to lift an 8kg object 2m?
5. How high up must you lift a 12kg object to give it 72J of potential energy?
6. A 5kg ball is rolling along the floor with a velocity of 3m/s. What is its kinetic energy?
7. The ball from question 6 speeds up to 6m/s. What is its new kinetic energy?
8. Compare your answers to questions 6 and 7. What do you notice about the kinetic energy when an object doubles its velocity?
science - drwls, Sunday, October 23, 2011 at 9:00am
Use the formulas:
(Potential energy) =
M g H = (Mass)*(g)*(height)
Weight = M*g
Kinetic energy of a rolling solid ball = (7/10) M V^2
(This includes the energy associated with rotation)
Show your work if you need further assistance.
science - rupali, Monday, June 13, 2016 at 11:44pm
1.Given :h=2m,m=5kg potential energy=mgh=5Ã—10Ã—2=100 J
science - rupali, Monday, June 13, 2016 at 11:54pm
2.Given :potential energy=40J,h=10m Potential Energy =mgh since,
m=gh/P.E.=10*10/40J =20/40J =0.5kg
science - mr.question asker, Tuesday, November 8, 2016 at 9:15am
what does gravity = ?
science - mr.question asker, Tuesday, November 8, 2016 at 9:16am
science - Sky Reaper, Tuesday, November 8, 2016 at 9:18am
gravity = 9.8 on earth
science - mr.question asker, Tuesday, November 8, 2016 at 9:20am
thanks sky reaper.
science - Sky Reaper, Tuesday, November 8, 2016 at 9:20am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - A 4kg block is sitting on the floor. (a) How much potential energy ...
- science - How much work does it take to raise a 3kg object 5m into the air? (a) ...
- Physical science - What is the gravitational potential energy of a 5kg object ...
- Physics - A model rocket has a mass of 3.00 kg. It is fired so that when it is ...
- PHYSICS(URGENT) - A particle has a mass of 5kg. It is held at a height of 3 ...
- science - an object has a potential energy of 100 J when it is 10 m above the ...
- physics - a 2 kg object is released from rest from a height of 10 m above the ...
- Physics - A classmate throws a 1.1-kg book from a height of 1.3 m above the ...
- physics - Object A has a gravitational potential energy of 24 joules when it ...
- Science - Pls help me solve this question pls. A stone of mass 6.5kg is thrown ...