Posted by Jackson on Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 12:03pm.
1) what was the purpose of the first continental congress?
2) how did the events of 1776 move the colonists closer to self-government?
PPPPPLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE HHHHEEEELLLLPPPPPPP MMMMMEEEEEE?????!!!!!
U.S History - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 12:10pm
2) The Declaration of Independence set forth the colonists' grievances and declared their independence from Britain.
U.S History - Jackson, Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 12:28pm
according to the declaration of independence, if a government does not protect the basic rights of the people it governs, what do people have the right to do?
U.S History - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 12:38pm
U.S History - Jackson, Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 12:40pm
what are the 4 sections of the declaration of independence?
U.S History - Jackson, Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 12:44pm
it doesn't say anything about the four sections
U.S History - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 12:50pm
I'm not sure which sections your teacher wants. I see the Declaration broken into these parts:
We hold these truths self-evident . . .
Grievances against the king
U.S History - Jackson, Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 12:54pm
my u.s history book says that in this order:
2) Declaration of Natural Rights
3) List of Grievances
4) Resolution of Independence by the United States
but i kept on searching it on other websites and the websites kept on telling me different things, so i tried Jiskha and you also gave me a different answer, so i am confused???
U.S History - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 12:57pm
Yes. I just found this site delineating the four sections.
I said the same thing, but in a more general way.
U.S History - Jackson, Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 1:00pm
oh ya u did. thanks a lot. =D
U.S History - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 1:02pm
You're welcome. :-)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- American government - Which of the following accurately summarizes the different...
- social studies - 1. which of the colonies was not a response of the colonies to...
- History help!!!!!!!! - Why did the colonists react to the Coercive Acts with ...
- Social studies - 7. why were there fewer slaves in the backcountry of the ...
- government - What was the purpose of the Declaration and Resolves written by the...
- History - 1. After winning the French and Indian War, Great Britain passed the ...
- history - Which answer best expresses the reasons the Second Continental ...
- U.S. GOVERNMENT - 1) The year that the Declaration of Independence was signed ...
- Georgia History - 1. At which meeting was Georgia not represented? A.) ...
- Civics - 8. Which one of the following provisions was part of the first draft ...