Posted by Victor on Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 10:06am.
I had asked a question the other day but I'm not sure if I'm understanding this- it was a comparison-You said this as a comment: Spanish-8th grade - SraJMcGin, Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 4:02pm
3. also = de las tres actividades
Also, #3 is different because it is not an adjective but a noun. Therefore the sentence might say; Practicar la natación es divertido. Practicar el esquí es más divertido que practicar la natación. Escalar montañas es el más divertido.
My question: isn't climbing mountains feminine so I should put "es la más divertida."
Thank you for explaining it
Spanish-SraJMcGin please check - SraJMcGin, Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 10:25am
If you are saying that "to practice" (practicar) es fun = es difertido.
But if you are saying "swimming" (la natación is fun) = es divertida.
Or, in other words, "climbing" (to climb) is fun = es divertido
BUT if the mountain (la montaña) is fun = es divertida.
You need to know what the subject is, or what exactly you are comparing.
If the activity (la actividad) is fun = es divertida.
Does that help?
Spanish-Please recheck-SraJMcGin please check - Victor, Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 10:36am
So I could say " Escalar montañas es el más divertido" or I could say "Escalar montañas es la divertida de las tres activades" Is that correct? Or I still confused?
Spanish-SraJMcGin please check - SraJMcGin, Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 3:39pm
For the last part, are you saying "climbing" is the most fun? Escalar es el más divertido.
OR, the most fun of the 3 activities? la más divertida de las tres actividades?
Did you have a model/pattern to follow? Only by knowing what your textbook wanted you to know, can I be certain what you were expected to do.
What textbook/workbook do you have? Look for the explanation of the grammar you are doing and all good textbooks provide a model sentence (or model sentences) of what you are to do. May I see that, please?
Spanish-SraJMcGin please check - SraJMcGin, Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 8:53pm
I see you haven't gotten back to me yet. If you do later, please enter it as a New Question, because each time I read the board I begin with what I have not yet read.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Spanish-SraJMcGin I'm confused at your answer-plea - I'm confused by your reply-...
- @SraJMcGin Spanish Check - Hola! SraJMcGin was helping me yesterday with my ...
- Spanish-Please check SraJMcGin - Hi, I redid some of the answers as suggested ...
- SRAJMCGIN - Does anyone know where SraJMcGin is, what time she will be online? i...
- Spanish-Please check and clarify - Could someone recheck this-I don't understand...
- Spanish-SraJMcGin-Please look at this - SraJMcGin,In an earlier post you had ...
- Spanish-SraJMcGin-please check - Posted by Megan on Wednesday, October 13, 2010 ...
- spanish - this will hopefully be my last quesiton for spanish i want to thanks ...
- For SraJMcGin - Posted by manny on Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 6:41pm. what does...
- Spanish-Please check SraJMcGin if possible - Please check if you have time we ...