Posted by Jen on Friday, October 21, 2011 at 2:59pm.
For the table that follows, answer the following questions:
- Would the correlation between x and y in the table above be positive or negative?
- Find the missing value of y in the table.
- How would the values of this table be interpreted in terms of linear regression?
- If a "line of best fit" is placed among these points plotted on a coordinate system, would the slope of this line be positive or negative?
- Math - MathMate, Friday, October 21, 2011 at 3:39pm
Since the slopes between any of the three points equal 0.5, so the first three points are collinear, and m1=m2>0 so the slope is positive.
Can you take it from here?
- Math - Jen, Friday, October 21, 2011 at 4:08pm
This is so confusing to me :( what would i do next??
- Math - MathMate, Friday, October 21, 2011 at 6:03pm
If you wish, you can calculate the coefficient of correlation according to the method you use at school (mayer, median/median, etc.) using the first three pairs of data.
In the given case, the coefficient of correlation should be 1.0 because the first three points are collinear (fall on a straight line). The slope is positive (0.5), so the answer to the fourth question is positive.
I will let you calculate the coefficient of correlation (and confirm that it is 1.0).
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- statistics - . For the table that follows, answer the following questions: x y 1...
- Math - For the table that follows, answer the following questions: x y 1 -8 2 -...
- stastics- correlation and regression - for the table that follows: answer the ...
- Algebra - 2. Find the value of x^3 +2x^2 -3 when x =3 Answer-42 12. What type of...
- math help pls pls pls - The table below shows the age of some participants in a...
- math - I need a definition for this constant rate of change when graphing in ...
- Urgent Calculus Help - Based on the following table of values for the function w...
- Beginners Algebra - For each table, find the output value that corresponds to an...
- statistics - n=15 and there are 3 groups These data are analyzed by an ANOVA, ...
- Begginers Algebra - For the table, find the output value that corresponds to an ...