Posted by Henry2 on .
I need your help with the following sentences. Are they grammatically correct? Thank you.
1) How long have you been married for? Since 1998.
2) Is it wrong: "How long is it since you got married? (The answer is not since 1998 but for three years).
3) How long is it since it last snowed?
How long ago did it last snow?
4) That chair is broken (out of order??) A student broke its leg when he was sitting on it. We need to get it repaired.
1) Drop the "for." = How long have you been married?
2) is OK
4) not "out of order"