Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 12:13pm.
At 25°C, sound can travel 100 meters across a football field in 0.29 seconds. Determine the velocity of these sound waves in the direction they travel across the field.
physics - drwls, Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 12:16pm
Divide the distance by the time. That is how you get velocity.
physics - fiz-iks, Friday, October 21, 2011 at 2:34pm
Given: t (time): 0.29s (2 sig figs)*
d (distance): 100m
v = d / t
v = 100m / 0.29s
v = 340 m/s (remember two sig figs)*
physics - Kia, Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 10:32pm
In an electric motor, at the moment that the half-turn of the rotor (central electromagnet) completes, the field of this electromagnet
physics - ashley clark, Friday, February 7, 2014 at 9:06pm
physics - tae, Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 7:40pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - At 25°C, sound can travel 100 meters across a football field in 0.29 ...
- physics - 1. A sound is made by a speaker, which then radiates in all directions...
- Physics - How long (in seconds) would it take a sound to travel underwater ...
- physics - sound waves travel faster in humidity than in dry air. But as ...
- physics - Earthquakes are motions of the earth's crust. Essentially, they are ...
- Physics - The velocities of sound in media P and Q are 300 meters/second and 350...
- physics - 1.calculate th speed of waves in water that are 0.4m apart and have a ...
- Physics - Question:In the field of telecommunications, sound waves are sent to ...
- Physics Waves - Earthquakes are essentially sound waves traveling through the ...
- Physics - A pond is 12 metres across. The crests of two successive waves are 60....