Posted by amanda on Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 12:47am.
Take the mass of the Earth to be 5.98 ◊
If the Earthís gravitational force causes a
falling 74 kg student to accelerate downward
at 9.8 m/s2, determine the upward acceleration of the Earth during the studentís fall.
Answer in units of m/s2
- physics - drwls, Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 6:34am
Since the forces on student (due to Earth) and Earth (due to student)are equal and opposite,
F = m g = M a
a = (m/M)* = 1.24*10^-23 g
- physics - lynn, Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 5:39pm
Two marbles, one twice as massive as the
other, are dropped from the same height.
When they strike the ground, how does the
kinetic energy of the more massive marble
compare to that of the other marble?
1. It has twice the KE.
2. It has 4 times the KE.
3. It has one-half the KE.
4. It has the same KE
Answer this Question
- Physics:upward acc of earth - If the Earth's gravitational force causes a ...
- Physics - Take the mass of the Earth to be 5.98 ◊ 1024 kg. If the Earthís ...
- physics - Take the mass of the Earth to be 5.98 ◊ 1024 kg. If the Earthís ...
- Physics - A) Gravity pulls an area of wet soil and rock downward in a landslide ...
- physics - 4(a) What is the magnitude of the gravitational force of the Earth on ...
- physics - A satellite moves in a circular orbit around the Earth at a speed of 5...
- Physics - A satellite used in a cellular telephone network has a mass of 2160 kg...
- physics - 3. A satellite of mass 500 kg orbits the Earth with a period of 6000 s...
- physics/math - Calculate the magnitude of the gravitational force between the ...
- physics - Which of the following best describes the strength of the ...