posted by Henry2 .
Could you please check these sentences? I urgently need them.
1) Decadent writers (the Aesthetes is possible?) fostered (??) the ideal of the Wildean dandy, a member of aristocracy who demanded absolute freedom and despised the Victorian values of work and morals.
2) His desire for (of?) enternal beuty is satisfied and the portrait records thesigns of time in his place.
3) At the end of the novel Dorian becomes aware of his sinful life and stabs the portrait to death.
4)I'm writing in my ring binder, on a sheet of paper, in my note pad, on a piece of foolscap paper.
5) Whateer he does, try not to get upset/hurt/offended by his comments.
Try not to worry about tomorrow's test/try to be calm (I need a synonym) during your test/ don't get nervous/tensed-up when writing your test.
6) Try not to promt your classmates during the test.
1. Aesthetes were very sensitive, searching for beauty; I wouldn't say they were decadent.
2) for eternal (spelling)beauty (spelling) the signs? (need a space)
3) novel, (add comma)
5) Whate'er or Whatever
test; (new sentence?) try to be calm
synonyms = (from the Thesaurus) calm:
Motionless and undisturbed: halcyon, peaceful, placid, quiet, serene, still, stilly, tranquil, untroubled. Not excited or emotionally agitated: peaceful, placid, serene, tranquil. Not easily excited, even under pressure: collected, composed, cool, cool-headed, detached, even, even-tempered, imperturbable, nonchalant, possessed, unflappable, unruffled. An absence of motion or disturbance: calmness, hush, lull, peace, peacefulness, placidity, placidness, quiet, quietness, serenity, stillness, tranquillity, untroubledness. Lack of emotional agitation: calmness, peace, peacefulness, placidity, placidness, quietude, serenity, tranquillity. To make or become calm. allay, balm, becalm, lull, quiet, settle, still, tranquilize. To ease the anger or agitation of. appease, assuage, conciliate, dulcify, gentle, mollify, pacify, placate, propitiate, soften, soothe, sweeten.
6) prompt (spelling)