Posted by Tiffany on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 4:14pm.
Sally has three times as many dimes as nickels and twice as many quarters as dimes.In all she has $5.55. How many coins of each type does she have?
x=nickles <---- is that correct please help put
- MATH (PLease HELp) - abby, Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 4:24pm
i think the answer is
3 nickels .15
9 dimes .90
18 quarters 4.50
- MATH (PLease HELp) - Steve, Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 4:32pm
It's easy enough to check.
The numbers add up, and the values add up.
You added wrong at the very end. 4.50 + .90 + .15 does indeed make 5.55
However, your equations do not represent the facts:
x = nickels
3x = dimes
2(3x) = 6x = quarters
5x + 10(3x) + 25(6x) = 555
185x = 555
- MATH (PLease HELp) - patricia, Monday, January 2, 2012 at 6:43pm
Megan has three times as many quarters than nickels. She has one less dime than the number of quarters. If she has a total of $4.30, how many of each coin does she have ?
- MATH (PLease HELp) - Trevor, Friday, March 2, 2012 at 11:36pm
Nickels = x
Quarters = 3x
Dimes = 3x-1
Plug in equation with coin values in ()...
(5)x + (25)3x + (10)3x-1 = 430
5x + 75x + 30x - 10 = 430
80x + 30x - 10 = 430
110x -10 = 430
110x -10 +10 = 430 + 10
110x = 440
x = 4
Nickels = 4 (x)
Quarters = 12 (3x)
Dimes = 11 (3x-1)
11x10=110 D /
20+300+110= 430 cents \/
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - Jo has 37 coins (all nickels, dimes and quarters) worth $5.50. She has 4 ...
- algebra - Mary has $4.00 in nickels, dimes, and quarters. If she has twice as ...
- algebra - Please help....struggling with word problems and please explain how to...
- Alegbra (Mrs.Sue) thank you :) - Sal keeps quarters,nickels, and dimes in a jar...
- Math - Ruthie has 10 coins, all either nickels, dimes, or quarters. She has N ...
- word problem money - you have $ 1.55 in dimes and quarters. find all the ...
- 8th gr. Algebra - I have 3 math problems for homework that are stumping me. Can ...
- math - Sal keeps quarters, nickels, and dimes in his change jar. He has a total ...
- mathematics - In a collection of nickels, dimes and quarters, there are twice ...
- algebra - A collection of nickels, dimes, and quarters amounts to $9.50. If ...