Posted by Sade C on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 1:09pm.
How would I go about making my thesis statement less vague and more percise?
Developing Healthy Eating habits along with exercise will promote a better quality of life, lower health cost, and longevity for all.
COM/105 - Writeacher, Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 1:12pm
You have stated obvious facts. Your own opinion or "slant" on all this is missing.
What is your OPINION about all this?
COM/105 - Writeacher, Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 1:13pm
Your thesis statement must include factual information (which you already have) plus your position/opinion/stance. Without your position on the topic, it isn't a true thesis statement. So think of this sentence as the angle you want to take on the topic and what you intend to prove by the end of your paper. (If your statement is simply factual, then there's nothing to prove!)
Read carefully and follow ALL directions.
This is one of the very best places I've seen online to help students write good thesis statements. It shows you sentences that aren't thesis statements and how to turn each one into real thesis statements.
COM/105 - Sade C, Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 1:14pm
Should I go more into detail?
COM/105 - Writeacher, Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 1:15pm
No. You need to add YOUR OPINION.
Did you read and study all the information on both websites I gave you? Be sure to do so. And then start from scratch.
COM/105 - Sade C, Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 1:16pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- com/105 - How does this sound for a theses statement? Healthier Eating habits ...
- English - Here is my thesis can you please help: Even thought childhood obesity ...
- english - need help revising the outline to complete sentences in parallel form...
- English - Ihave to develop an outline for my essay topic "Healthy eating and ...
- SCI - I need more ideas please help. o Identification of the health/nutrition ...
- english - i am looking for the main topic in this paragraph would it be In ...
- health - what are the pros and cons of eating healthy? http://www.google.com/...
- English - What should we do to live a healthy life? Let me tell you about what ...
- sci 241 - hi this is my assignment and i need only 123 more words out of 1400 ...
- Com/150 - Hi Mrs.Sue I think that I need to compare and contrast on how ...