Posted by Micah on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 9:48am.
At 7.35 cents per kiloway hr, A. what does it cost to operate a 10.0 hp motor for 8.00 hr? B. What does it cost to leave a 75W light burning 24 hr a day?
physics - Steve, Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 10:25am
Just multiply by conversion factors to change from what you have to what you want:
10.0 hp * 8.00 hr = 80.00 hp-hr * 0.0735$/kw-hr = 1088.435 $-hp/kw * 1.0 kw / 1.341 hp = $811.66
physics - drwls, Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 11:58am
A. I get a different answer
10 hp = 7460 W = 7.46 kW
Energy used (in kW-h) = 7.46*8 = 59.68
Cost = (59.68 kW-h)*(0.0735 $/kW-h)
physics - Elvis Rabohale, Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 11:08pm
1 hp = 0.745699872 kilowatts
10hp X 0.745699872 X 8 = 59.66 kWh
Cost = 59.66 X 0.0735 = R4.38472
75W/1000 X 24 X 0.0735 = R0.1323
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - At 7.65 cents per kilowatt-hour, what does it cost to operate a 10.0 ...
- physics - At 7.15 cents per kilowatt-hour, what does it cost to leave a 75.0W ...
- MATH - I am new to this site. I am not sure if my last post went thru, with my ...
- Physics - At 7.65 cents per kilowatt-hour, what does it cost to operate a 8.00 ...
- Physics - electricity - An incandescent lamp is marked '120v,75W' a)what is the ...
- Word Problem Cost minimization - Don Garcia needs at least 24 units of vitamin A...
- Physics - A 60 W light bulb at 120 V is left on in your house to prevent ...
- AP Physics 1 - If electrical energy costs 12 cents, or $0.12, per kilowatt-hour...
- physics - A small motor draws a current of 1.76 A from a 110 V line. The output ...
- Math - Additional questions: this is for a form I need to fill out regarding my ...