Posted by Nia on Monday, October 17, 2011 at 11:12pm.
Assuming equal concentrations , rank these solutions by pH. RbOH(aq), NH3(aq), HF(aq) HBr(aq), Ca(OH)2(aq).
I know the most acidic solution has the lowest pH and the most basic solution has the highest pH. But how am i supposed to know the pH if i don't know the concentration of each solution?
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, October 17, 2011 at 11:33pm
I think the secret is in the wording of the problem. It says assuming EQUAL concns.....
I would divide these into bases and acid.
RbOH, NH3 and Ca(OH)2.
RbOH is the highest OH, followed by Ca(OH)2 and NH3. I rank RbOH higher than Ca(OH)2 because Ca(OH)2 isn't a soluble as RbOH.
HBr is a strong acid; HF is a weak acid. You should be able to rank all of them now.
- Chemistry - Bawl, Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 10:44pm
It was on my homework too and this came out right
- Chemistry - Anonymous, Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 8:28pm
- Chemistry - YOYA, Monday, October 26, 2015 at 2:52pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- CHEMISTRY - Assuming equal concentrations , rank these solutions by pH. RbOH(aq...
- chemistry - Hydrocyanic acid (HCN) is a much weaker acid than nitrous acid (HNO2...
- Chemistry - Rank these to highest pH to lowest pH: NH3, KOH, Ca(OH)2, HBr, HBrO ...
- Chemistry - Assume equal concentrations, rank these solutions by pH HBrO, Ca(OH)...
- Chemistry - In which solution (acidic, basic, neutral water, or doesn't matter) ...
- Chemistry - Ca(OH)2, CaF2, NH4NO3, KNO3, HNO3 - Arrange the solutions from most...
- Chemistry - A 26.8 mL sample of a solution of RbOH is neutralized by 15.71 mL of...
- Chemistry - Please Help! - XeO3 + I- ----> Xe + I2 (acidic solution) CN)2...
- Science - 1. I got a list of solutions. We did a test in the lab to figure out ...
- Chemistry - Hello everybody, I'm told that potassium permanganate is dissolved ...