Posted by Melissa on Monday, October 17, 2011 at 10:31pm.
The profit p(x) of a cosmetics company , in thousands of dollars,is given by p(x)=-5x^2+400x-2550, where x is the amount spent on advertising , in thousands of dollars
a) determine the max profit the company can make
b)Determine the amount spent on advertising that will result in the max profit
c)What amount must be spent on advertising to obtain a profit of at least $4 000 000
- Math( help please ! ) - Reiny, Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 12:00am
p(x) = -5x^2 + 400x - 2550
p'(x) = -10x + 400
= 0 for a max of p(x)
10x = 400
x = 40 -----> answer for b)
p(40) = -5(40^2) + 400(40) - 2550 = 5450 -- > a)
4000 = -5x^2 + 400x - 2550
- Math( help please ! ) - Sharlene , Sunday, July 7, 2013 at 5:11pm
a. Complete the square.
-5x^2 + 400x - 2550
= -5(x^2 - 80x) - 2550
= -5(x^2 - 80x + 1600 - 1600) - 2550
= -5(x + 40)^2 + 8000 - 2550
= -5(x + 40)^2 + 5450
5450 x 1000 = $5,450,000
b. x = 40
40 x 1000 = $40000
c. Between $22 971 & 57 029
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math( help please ! ) - The profit p(x) of a cosmetics company , in thousands of...
- math - The profit p(x) of a cosmetics company in thousands of dollars is given ...
- Math - The profit p(x) of a perfume company , in thousands of dollars,is given ...
- Math Problem (please help) - A company that manufactures bicycles estimates that...
- math - Billy Jeans' profit is given by the equation y=2.7-.0000015(x-2550)^2, ...
- math - a company makes and sells sailboats. The company's cost function in ...
- Calc Help - The daily sales, S, in thousands of dollars, is a function of the ...
- Calculus - The relationship between the amount of money x that Cannon Precision ...
- Pre-Calc - A company produces portable cassette players estimates that the ...
- Math - the Ruby Snow Company makes custom snowboards. the company's profit can ...