Posted by HM on Monday, October 17, 2011 at 9:51pm.
1. (Points: 2)
The lawyer had been involved in several (elicit, illicit) activities.
2. (Points: 2)
When people (emigrate, immigrate), they move into a country.
3. (Points: 2)
Several (incidence, incidents) caused the bookkeeper to resign.
4. (Points: 2)
(Irregardless, Regardless) of who wins, the game was well played.
5. (Points: 2)
Why is Bill wearing that (incredible, incredulous) look?
6. (Points: 2)
The gold chair was ruined, for someone had torn (it's, its) seat.
7. (Points: 2)
(In regard to, In regards to) your request, I will have to check whether funds are
a. In regard to
8. (Points: 2)
After going barefoot all summer, new school shoes always felt (funny, odd).
9. (Points: 2)
The beautiful painting was (hung, hanged) above the mantel.
10. (Points: 2)
John was (especially, specially) chosen by the mayor to represent Plano.
These are my answers,
Could you help me out in correcting these?
- English Check - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 17, 2011 at 10:01pm
All are correct except 3 and 10.
- English Check - HM, Monday, October 17, 2011 at 10:05pm
The word 'incidents' is the plural of incident, which means an occurrence or an event.
However, if you want to stress the exceptional or noteworthy quality, then especial or especially is a better choice
Great ! thank you !
- English Check - HM, Monday, October 17, 2011 at 10:06pm
wow.. wait 10 was wrong.
It is specially :/
- English Check - HM, Monday, October 17, 2011 at 10:09pm
I was correct.
Because specially is designed for a purpose..
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - His scheme to make money by preparing term papers for other students ...
- Immigrate vs. Emigrate? - Are the following sentences correct? "How many ...
- French true/false answer check! - star**** by my answer 1. The entire nation of ...
- Civics - The most important effect of the amendments that have been added to the...
- social studies - Famine caused people from which country to immigrate to the ...
- History - Famine caused people from which country to immigrate to the U.S.? A. ...
- algebra - Chase scored 14 points on Monday, and he doubled his score each day ...
- math - Mr. Noonan told Vic that his test had 38 problems worth a total of 100 ...
- geometry CA - Graph quadrilateral ABCD. Then determine the most precise name for...
- Algebra - Each team in a soccer leaguehas played every other team 5 times. ...