Posted by Kenji on Monday, October 17, 2011 at 2:17pm.
I'm not sure how to edit this business letter. Please help! I'm not sure what to do when there is an address for another business? Please help edit paper! Thank you!
Dear Ms. Drager:
In connection with an examination of our financial statements by Templeton and Associates, Certified Public Accountants, 35 North Temple Ave., Madison, WI 53298, we will appreciate it if you will indicate the correctness of the following information.
Our records indicate that at the close of business on November 5, 2011, the amount payable on your account was $100,000. Please sign the confirmation form in the space provided below if this amount agrees with your records. If it does not agree, do not sign below but explain and sign on the reverse side. Please return this form directly to our accountants in the enclosed envelope.
Grant Werner, Controller
- Writing - Writeacher, Monday, October 17, 2011 at 2:34pm
This is what I'd do with that address:
... by Templeton and Associates (Certified Public Accountants, 35 North Temple Ave., Madison, WI 53298), we will ...
... by Templeton and Associates, certified public accountants in Madison, Wisconsin, we will ...
- Writing - Kenji, Monday, October 17, 2011 at 2:57pm
Thank you for the tip Writeacher!
I was wondering if I should take the whole business address and put it in as a new paragraph like this:
In connection with an examination of our financial statements by:
Templeton and Associates, Certified Public Accountants
35 North Temple Ave., Madison, WI 53298
Does that make any sense or should I keep it in the sentence?
- Writing - Writeacher, Monday, October 17, 2011 at 3:01pm
If you NEED to keep the address in there, you can do that in one of the two ways above -- my version and your version. Either one will work.
If you DON'T NEED to keep the address in there, the whole letter will read more smoothly. That address is going to be on the enclosed envelope, right? If so, it doesn't NEED to be in the text of the letter, does it?
- Writing - Kenji, Monday, October 17, 2011 at 3:03pm
Yes, I do need to keep the address in the text. I just wanted to make sure what I had in mind was also correct too but I prefer your version!
- Writing - Writeacher, Monday, October 17, 2011 at 3:16pm
You're very welcome.
- Writing - Kenji, Monday, October 17, 2011 at 3:22pm
You are a GREAT help! You made my day and helped me learn something new! I appreciate it :)
- Writing - Writeacher, Monday, October 17, 2011 at 3:30pm
Excellent! Go get high grades!!
Answer this Question
- business - You are writing to alumni of fraternity raising money for a ...
- business writing - has anyone wrote a business letter to a human resouse for a ...
- English 8R - Business Letter Assignment Help! - I have this assignment for my ...
- business writing - What type of format do i need to use when writing a business ...
- Business Connunication - Is: "Learn how to analyze business audiences, improve ...
- Business communications 1 - which of the following is not an example of a ...
- GEOGRAPHY 9 - 6) This was issued in 1635, forbidding anyone to leave or enter ...
- Geography 9R - help!!! - 6) This was issued in 1635, forbidding anyone to leave ...
- writing APA - I am writing a paper in business management and had to do a live ...
- law - Revise and edit the following run-on sentence: Data in computerized form ...