Posted by Mario Garcia on Sunday, October 16, 2011 at 7:50pm.
Please help me with this...
I haven't got much time, so the sooner the better :)
Could you tell me what the simple subjects & simple predicates are in the following sentences?
1) Williamsburg is a restored colonial town in Virginia.
2) At this tourist attraction, consumed guides show visitors around their town.
3) In the spring time, gardens are filled with daffodils and tulips.
4) Hungry tourists enjoy dinners in candle-lit taverns and restaurants.
5) Uniformed soldiers perform maneuvers on the commons to the delight of both children and adults.
6) At some sites, skilled craftspersons pracice long-forgotten arts such as blacksmithing and candlemaking.
7) Williamsburg served as the capital of the Virginia Colony from 1699 to 1779.
8) In 1765, Patrick Henry delivered his famous speech in the Williamsburg Capitol.
9) English colonists chose the site for its good soil drainage and pleasant climate.
10) At first, residents called the colony Middle Plantation.
11) Later, colonists renamed the town Williamsburg in honor of King William III.
12) During public times(in italics), fancy balls were held in the bustling town.
13) Williamsburg was the site of the first newpaper in Virginia, The Virginia Gazzette(in italics).
14) John D. Rockefeller, Jr., supported the town's restoration during the 1920s.
15) A historic plantation is located just outside Williamsburg.
16) Inside the homes of Williamsburg, rooms are decorated in the colonial style.
17) Even the streets are brick and cobblestone instead of modern asphalt.
18) In April, flowering trees fill the air with a sweet smell.
19) Pink and white blossoms make the little town colorful and inviting.
20) A Williamsburg visit will be an enjoyable step back into time.
Thank you so much...
I've only got a few hours...!
- English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 16, 2011 at 7:55pm
Yes, I COULD tell you. But, I do not want to cheat you out of YOUR education.
I'll get you started.
1. Williamsburg is
2. guides show
I'll be glad to check your answers for the rest.
- English - Nicole, Sunday, October 16, 2011 at 7:58pm
Simple subject is the noun
Simple predicate is the KEY word in the predicate.
For example, The maze had hundred pathways.
hope this helps
- English - Mario Garcia, Sunday, October 16, 2011 at 8:08pm
3 gardens filled
4 tourists enjoy
5 soldiers perform maneuvers
6 crafts persons practice
7 Williams burg served
8 Patrick Henry delivered
9 colonist chose
- English - Mario Garcia, Sunday, October 16, 2011 at 8:09pm
5.soldiers perform maneuvers
10 residents called
11 colonists renamed
12 fancy balls, were held
14 John D Rockefelle,Jr supported
15 plantation is located
16 rooms are decorated?
17 streets are brick?
18 trees fill?
19 Town colorful and inviting?
20 visit enjoyable?
So can you check them for me please?
- English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 16, 2011 at 8:17pm
3. gardens are filled.
5. maneuvers is not part of the predicate
12. balls were held
17. streets are
- English - Mario Garcia, Sunday, October 16, 2011 at 8:22pm
i dont't get 13 and 20 is 19 blossoms make
- English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 16, 2011 at 8:30pm
Yes. 19. blossoms make
13. (almost like 1) Williamsburg was
20. visit will be
- English - Mario Garcia, Sunday, October 16, 2011 at 8:33pm
thank you Ms. Sue
- English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 16, 2011 at 8:33pm
You're very welcome, Mario Garcia.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - I need help understanding simple subjects and simple predicates. The ...
- grammar - i cant figure out simple subjects and simple predicates in a sentence
- English - All of the following statements about simple sentences are true except...
- English/Grammer - My teacher didn't explain today's lessons about complete and ...
- language arts - what are simple subjects ang simple predicates help me work due ...
- grammar - I have to find the simple subject and simple predicate in this ...
- grammar - It's been too long... someone please help - 4th grade grammar, simple ...
- English 10 HELP - out of 50 review questions I'm struggling with these. Someone ...
- English - Read each sentence then write whether the sentence is simple or not ...
- Grammar - Please explain how to break down a sentence. Simple predicate/Simple ...