Posted by HELPPMEEEEEEEEEE on Sunday, October 16, 2011 at 5:11pm.
A Projectile IS FIRED FROM THE TOP OF A BUILDING WITH AN INITIAL VELOCITY STRAIGH UPWARD AT 40.0 M/SEC . THE TOP OF THE BUILDING IS 50.0 METERS ABOVE THE GROUND.
A) THE MAXIMUN HEIGHT OF THE PROJECTILE ABOVE THE BUILDING.
B) THE TIME FOR THE PROJECTILE TO REACH THE TOP.
C) THE VELOCITY OF THE PROJECTILE AS HIT THE GROUND
D) THE TOTAL TIME THE PROJECTILE IS IN THE AIR
- PHYSICS - Henry, Monday, October 17, 2011 at 4:12pm
A. Vf^2 = Vo^2 + 2gh.
h = (Vf^2 _ Vo^2) / 2g,
h = (0 - (40)^2) / -19.6 = 81.63m.
B. t(up) = (Vf - Vo) / g,
t(up) = (0 - 40) / -9.8 = 4.08s.
C. h = 50 + 81.63 = 131.63m. above ground.
Vf^2 = Vo^2 + 2g*h.
Vf^2 = 0 + 19.6*131.6 = 2580,
Vf = 50.8m/s.
D. t(dn) = (Vf - Vo) / g,
t(dn) = (50.8 - 0) / 9.8 = 5.18s.
T = t(up) + t(dn) = 4.05 + 5.18 = 9.23s
- PHYSICS - Wisdom, Friday, March 4, 2016 at 3:31pm
Maximum hieght is=46.9m
time of flit is =6.128m
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - a projectile is fired from the top of a building with an initial ...
- Math: Word Problem - A ball is thrown upward from the top of a building which is...
- Physics - A bullet is fired vertically upward with an initial velocity of 98m/s ...
- Physics - A projectile is fired straight up from a cliff which is 200 feet above...
- Physics - A projectile is fired from ground level with a speed of 40 m/s at an ...
- physics - A rock is shot vertically upward from the edge of the top of a tall ...
- Math - An object is projected vertically upward from the top of a building with ...
- Physics - a rifle is fried from the top of a building 220 meters high with an ...
- College algebra - When a ball is thrown up into the air, it makes the shape of a...
- Math - A projectile is fired straight up from a cliff which is 200 feet above ...