Posted by HELPPMEEEEEEEEEE on Sunday, October 16, 2011 at 5:11pm.
A Projectile IS FIRED FROM THE TOP OF A BUILDING WITH AN INITIAL VELOCITY STRAIGH UPWARD AT 40.0 M/SEC . THE TOP OF THE BUILDING IS 50.0 METERS ABOVE THE GROUND.
A) THE MAXIMUN HEIGHT OF THE PROJECTILE ABOVE THE BUILDING.
B) THE TIME FOR THE PROJECTILE TO REACH THE TOP.
C) THE VELOCITY OF THE PROJECTILE AS HIT THE GROUND
D) THE TOTAL TIME THE PROJECTILE IS IN THE AIR
- PHYSICS - Henry, Monday, October 17, 2011 at 4:12pm
A. Vf^2 = Vo^2 + 2gh.
h = (Vf^2 _ Vo^2) / 2g,
h = (0 - (40)^2) / -19.6 = 81.63m.
B. t(up) = (Vf - Vo) / g,
t(up) = (0 - 40) / -9.8 = 4.08s.
C. h = 50 + 81.63 = 131.63m. above ground.
Vf^2 = Vo^2 + 2g*h.
Vf^2 = 0 + 19.6*131.6 = 2580,
Vf = 50.8m/s.
D. t(dn) = (Vf - Vo) / g,
t(dn) = (50.8 - 0) / 9.8 = 5.18s.
T = t(up) + t(dn) = 4.05 + 5.18 = 9.23s
- PHYSICS - Wisdom, Friday, March 4, 2016 at 3:31pm
Maximum hieght is=46.9m
time of flit is =6.128m
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - a projectile is fired from the top of a building with an initial ...
- Physics - A projectile is fired straight up from a cliff which is 200 feet above...
- Math - A projectile is fired straight up from a cliff which is 200 feet above ...
- Physics - A projectile is fired from ground level with a speed of 40 m/s at an ...
- college algebra - The height of a projectile fired upward is given by the ...
- math - The height in meters of a projectile launched from the top of a building ...
- Algebra II - A projectile is launched from a platform 10 meters above ground ...
- physics - a projectile is launched at a velocity of 125m/s at an angle of 20 ...
- Physics - A. You can use any coordinate system you like in order to solve a ...
- physics - A projectile is fired into the air from the top of a cliff of height h...