Posted by jack on Sunday, October 16, 2011 at 10:54am.
I Wanted To Find The Square Root Of (1-2i)
But I Didn't Know How To Solve It.
My Solution :
x+yi = sqr(1-2i)
x2-y2+2xyi = 1- 2i
x2-y2 = 1
2xy = -2
y = - 1/x
x2 - (-1/x) = 1 ] * x2
x4-x2-1 = 0
How To Evaluated (x4-x2-1) ?
I Tried To Sol
- math - bobpursley, Sunday, October 16, 2011 at 12:18pm
I would convert the complex number to polar.
1-2i= sqrt5 @arctan-2=sqrt 5 @-63.4349488 degrees or @(360-63.43)deg figure that angle out.
sqrt (1-2i)= sqrt(sqrt5)@1/2 (that angle)
now convert back to polar.
lets do it so it can be checked.
that angle= = 296.565051
1/2 that angle= = 148.282525
sqrt(1-2i)=1.4953cos 148.282525+i(1.4953sin 148.282525)
Now, just for fun sake,lets square that.
= 1.61-.617 -i 1.90=.99-1.9i
Ok, you can work it with more accuracy to get it.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry - Find the area of a hexagon with the indicated apothem: 6 sqr root 3 ...
- algebra - 1.)correct 2.)wrong---> the first term is wrong 4(3a^2)^2 = 36a^4 3...
- ALGEBRA - 1, Factor each expression x^2 - 10x - 24 A. (x + 4)(x - 6) B. (x + 6)(...
- Algebra2/Trig - sqr(x^2-4)+(x^2)/x^2+1 I got ((x^2+1)*sqr(x^2-4)+x^2)/x^2+1 But ...
- Math - Find the quotient function f/g for f(x)=sqr(x+1) and g(x)= sqr( x-1). My...
- Math - Find the quotient function f/g for f(x)=sqr(x+1) and g(x)= sqr( x-1). My ...
- Algebra - Use the quadratic formula to solve the equation. Give exact answers: ...
- Math Help! - Four students worked to find an estimate for square root 22. Who is...
- algebra - 1)Write the expression 9n^6+7n^3-6 in quadratic form,if possible A.9(n...
- Math simplifying mixed radicals - Please help me simplify these following mixed ...