Posted by Brianna on Thursday, October 13, 2011 at 9:29pm.
The sum of two consecutive even integers is 118.
A. Define a variable for the smaller integer.
B. What must you add to an even integer to get the next greater even integer?
C. Write an expression for the second integer.
D. Write and solve an equation to find the two even integers.
- Algebra - robert, Thursday, October 13, 2011 at 10:04pm
- Algebra - Brianna, Thursday, October 13, 2011 at 10:33pm
- Algebra - Steve, Friday, October 14, 2011 at 11:25am
small = s
add 2 to get the next even number
large = s+2
s + s+2 = 118
2s + 2 = 118
2s = 116
s = 58
the two even numbers are 58, 60
- Algebra - Anonymous, Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 7:33am
the sum of three consecutive integers is -30
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - The sum of two consecutive odd integers is 56. A. Define a variable ...
- math - the sum of an even integer and twice the next greater even integer is the...
- discrete math - Prove by contradiction that for any even integer a and any odd ...
- Algebra - Find two consecutive even integers such that the square of the lesser ...
- algebra 1 - The sum of two consecutive even integers is -34 . What is the ...
- algebra concept 2 - 2. Tripling the greater of two consecutive even integers ...
- math - A. Four times one odd integer is 14 less than three times the next even ...
- Discrete Math - 1. Assume that n is a positive integer. Use the proof by ...
- algebra1 - tripling the greater of two consecutive even integers gives the same ...
- Math - find three consecutive even intergers for which the sum of the first two ...