Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 8:25pm.
Could you please give me some points, details explaining life of an average canadain soldier.
Ive jotted down a few, but if you could give me some more, that would help me loads.
Didn't get many hours of sleep
Poor Living Conditions
Had to stand out in the trenches daily, had to stand there and wait for like half an hour before dawn, waiting for German attack
Endless tedium of trench life, with mud filled landscape, unburied bodies and lice-ridden uniforms
Impossible to sleep because of all the noise of firing and shooting
Bombs blasting for hours, shelling going on
Also I dont know how to write thesis statement
I had before: Life for a Canadian soldier was very lonesome and stressful. Death was very near to them which made their lives traumatizing.
- Life of a Soldier - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 8:34pm
Those are all very good. I assume you're referring to World War I.
- Life of a Soldier - Anonymous, Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 8:39pm
Yes I am. Ok thank you for that site, what exactly do I need to improve on the thesis statement I wrote?
I sort of reworded the question and made it into a thesis statement covering the main ideas.
Also could you please give me links to other sites, that tells you about the life of an average canadian soldier during the great war.
- Life of a Soldier - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 8:46pm
- Life of a Soldier - Brian, Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 8:48pm
There is also a good book-Generals Die in Bed by Charles Yale Harrison if you want a realistic viewpoint from the soldiers in the trenches (This was based from his experiences in the war)
- Life of a Soldier - Anonymous, Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 9:00pm
Ok. Thanks Brian for your help:)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Soldiers during WWI - Hey Ive written my paragraph on the miserable lives of ...
- literature - I read Soldier Home by Ernest Hemingway and found two reasons to ...
- English - Would a soldier sacrifice their life to serve the country?
- History,geography,maths literacy,english,life orientation,life sciences,and setswana - I have finished my matric so i don't know which career path should i follow.. Can i be able to be a soldier with this subjects?
- Physics - A soldier is tasked with measuring the muzzle velocity of a new rifle...
- speech - i need an example on " You will choose an aspect of your life/...
- Geography/World History - Can you give me some details or descriptions of the ...
- Algebra - Can you please give me some real life examples of using variables and ...
- ENGLISH - SEPARATE PEACE - In "A Separate Peace" For Gene, jumping from the tree...
- socials - I compare wartime propaganda posters. first one is - remember hong ...