Posted by Clare on Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 7:46pm.
Hi this question was already asked but there is still no correct answer. I can't seem to solve this for x correctly...I got 128 over 55 as an answer which can't be correct. Please help me find the correct answer! Thanks The equation is:
Please show the work as well as the answer. Thanks again.
- Algebra - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 7:54pm
0.05x - 0.6x + 1.2 = 0.08
-0.55x = 0.08 - 1.2
-0.55x = -1.12
x = -1.12 / -0.55
x = 2.036
See if that solution works.
- Algebra - Clare, Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 7:57pm
No thats what someone else said and it doesn't work!! And I thought -.6 x 2= -1.2 not positive 1.2.
- Algebra - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 8:01pm
You're right. My sign is wrong.
- Algebra - Brian, Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 8:34pm
Multiply all terms by 100
All you had to do was put the negative sign in the final answer.
- Algebra - Clare, Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 9:12pm
But that still doesn't work in the equation...does it?
- Algebra - Clare, Thursday, October 13, 2011 at 4:50pm
Oh I guess it does. Thanks!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - I can't seem to solve this for x correctly...I got 128 over 55 as an ...
- physics - At what altitude above the Earth's surface is the acceleration due to ...
- Simplfing Fractions - Three problems I need to know if I am correct or not if ...
- Algebra 1 - REINY, Thank you for your answer and the answer is obviously correct...
- Math Inequalities - -9/8x greater than or equal to -1/16 can someone please ...
- Algebra I - Question:The number of students on the football team is two more ...
- algebra - Solve for s in this equation. Depreciation. D=C-s/n This is my answer ...
- math,correction - okay for the first one i/ve done it twice and both times i got...
- physics - I solved the first question and got the right answer, but I just can't...
- Algebra - Simplify the expressions and solve the equations 1. 2√3 - √...