Posted by Clare on Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 7:46pm.
Hi this question was already asked but there is still no correct answer. I can't seem to solve this for x correctly...I got 128 over 55 as an answer which can't be correct. Please help me find the correct answer! Thanks The equation is:
Please show the work as well as the answer. Thanks again.
Algebra - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 7:54pm
0.05x - 0.6x + 1.2 = 0.08
-0.55x = 0.08 - 1.2
-0.55x = -1.12
x = -1.12 / -0.55
x = 2.036
See if that solution works.
Algebra - Clare, Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 7:57pm
No that's what someone else said and it doesn't work!! And I thought -.6 x 2= -1.2 not positive 1.2.
Algebra - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 8:01pm
You're right. My sign is wrong.
Algebra - Brian, Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 8:34pm
Multiply all terms by 100
All you had to do was put the negative sign in the final answer.
Algebra - Clare, Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 9:12pm
But that still doesn't work in the equation...does it?
Algebra - Clare, Thursday, October 13, 2011 at 4:50pm
Oh I guess it does. Thanks!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - I can't seem to solve this for x correctly...I got 128 over 55 as an ...
- physics - At what altitude above the Earth's surface is the acceleration due to ...
- Simplfing Fractions - Three problems I need to know if I am correct or not if ...
- Math Inequalities - -9/8x greater than or equal to -1/16 can someone please ...
- Algebra - Solve. x-3/15=1/3 I get 8 as an answer. Is this correct? If you ...
- Algebra 2 - 1. Solve the following for x. 3-(x+(-4))= 2x-6+5x I figured that the...
- Algebra - 1.Solve (x)/(x+10)+(x-3)/(x+2)=7/5..I got that there is no solution, ...
- English - This was a question asked in our last test Either of her eyes...
- Stat HW for. - 1. A student taking a midterm exam in Ancient History comes to ...
- Math-Stat - Jane and Bob are on the same game show. They answer one question, ...