Posted by lawrence on Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 11:59am.
( 1.) An objectis thrown upward from the edge of a tall building with a velocity of 10m/s. Where will the object be 3s after it is thrown? Take g = 10m/s^2
15m above the top of the building
30m below the top of the building
15m below the top of the building
30m above the building
( 2.) A stone thrown from ground level returns to the same level 4s after. With what speed was the stone thrown? Take g = 10m/s^2
( 3.) What is common to the variation in the range and the height of a projectile?
time of flight
( 4.) A cart is moving horizontally along a straight line with constant speed of 30m/s. A projectile is fired from the moving cart in such a way that it it will return to the cart after the cart has moved 80m. At what speed (relative to the cart) and at what angle (to the horizontal) must the projectile be fired?
35.8m/s at 24degrees
38.6m/s at 54degrees
27m/s at 35degrees
24m/s at 44degrees
( 5.) The trajectory of a projectile is
a straight line
( 6.) How fast must a ball be rolled along the surface of a 70-cm high table so that when it rolls off the edge it will strike the floor at the same distance (70cm) from the point directly below the edge of the table?
( 7.) A ball is kicked and flies from point P to Q following a parabolic path in which the highest point reached is T. The acceleration of the ball is
zero at T
greatest at P
greatest at T and Q
the same at P as at Q and T.
( 8.) A mass accelerates uniformly when the resultant force acting on it
is constant but not zero
increases uniformly with respect to time
is proportional to the displacement of the mass from a fixed point
( 9.) The term that best describes the need to hold the butt of a riffle firmly against the shoulder when firing to minimise impact on the shoulder is
( 10.) Two trolleys X and Y with momenta 20 Ns and 12 Ns respectively travel along a straight line in opposite directions before collision. After collision the directions of motion of both trolleys are reversed and the magnitude of the momentum of X is 2 Ns. What is the magnitude of the corresponding momentum of Y?
( 11.) A force of 2i + 7j N acts on a body of mass 5kg for 10 seconds. The body was initially moving with constant velocity of i – 2j m/s. Find the velocity of the body in m/s, in vector form.
5i – 12j
12i – 5j
10i – 7j
7i – 10j.
( 12.) The exhaust gas of a rocket is expelled at the rate of 1300kg/s, at the velocity of 50,000m/s. Find the thrust on the rocket in newtons
6.7 x 10^7
3.5 x 10^7
7.6 x 10^7
5.7 x 10^7
( 13.) Sand drops at the rate of 2000kg/min. from the bottom of a hopper onto a belt conveyor moving horizontally at 250m/min. Determine the force needed to drive the conveyor, neglecting friction.
( 14.) A 30,000-kg truck travelling at 10.0m/s collides with a 1700-kg car travelling at 25m/s in the opposite direction. If they stick together after the collision, how fast and in what direction will they be moving?
( 15.) A gun of mass M is used to fire a bullet of mass m. The exit velocity of the bullet is v. Find the recoil velocity of the gun
( 16.) A 40-g ball travelling to the right at 30cm/s collides head on with an 80-g ball that is at rest. If the collision is perfectly elastic, find the velocity of each ball after collision
the first ball is going to the right at 10m/s while the other is going to the left at 20m/s
the first ball is going to the left at 10m/s while the other is going to the right at 20m/s
the first ball is going to the left at 20m/s while the other is going to the right at 10m/s
the first ball is going to the right at 10m/s while the other is going to the left at 10m/s
( 17.) A 10-g pellet of unknown speed is shot into a 2000-kg block of wood suspended from the ceiling by a cord. The pellet hits the block and becomes lodged in it. After the collision, the block and the pellet swing to a height 30cm above the original position. What was the speed of the pellet? (This device is called the ballistic pendulum)
( 18.) How large an average force is required to stop a 1400-kg car in 5.0s if the car’s initial speed is 25m/s
( 19.) Which of these is not a statement of Newton’s law of universal gravitation?
gravitational force between two particles is attractive as well as repulsive
gravitational force acts along the line joining the two particles
gravitational force is directly proportional to the product of the masses of the particles
gravitational force is inversely proportional to the square of the distance of the particles apart
( 20.) What is the gravitational field strength at a height h above the surface of the Earth?
- physics - drwls, Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 12:33pm
How many of these have you tried?
Dumps of long lists of homework questions, with no work shown, will be ignored here.
- physics - Isah Momoh jimoh Isah, Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 1:25pm
- physics - Segun, Wednesday, April 25, 2012 at 1:11pm
Please can i get the answer pls and pls
- physics - kelin, Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 8:32am
- physics - kodunmit, Friday, April 27, 2012 at 5:30am
I sympathize with the poor guy. He is scared of a failure not knowing he is already on the way to fail. he should look for video tutorial and find time to educate himself. how long will he be spoon-fed
- physics - Joy, Friday, June 14, 2013 at 6:14pm
1.a2.b3.c4.a5.c6.c7.c8.a9.a10.c11.c12.d13.b14:a15.d16.c17.b18.c19:d20:b. Pls here are my answers for ur correction, pls.
- physics - Joy, Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 12:38pm
I need correction
- physics - opeloyeru, Wednesday, September 24, 2014 at 7:40pm
- physics - Benjamin, Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 2:58pm
hysics - Joy, Friday, June 14, 2013 at 6:14pm
- physics - samson, Saturday, April 4, 2015 at 5:34am
- physics - peter, Saturday, April 4, 2015 at 5:46am
can i get thé answer please
- physics 111 TMA2 - ROYAL, Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 8:41am
ADCDACDCCBBADABBACAAC I GOT 9.5 (19/20). THIS IS TRUSTED AND YOU GUYS ARE ADVISE TO TAKE MINE COS ALL ODA POST ARE NT TRUSTED. CALL ME FOR MORE 08071374287 ND 08144214614. SUCCESS MY BELOVED.
- physics - UKOH, Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 12:11am
C, A, C, D, A, A, A, A, A, A, B, A, C, A, A, A, B, D, A, C
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - An objectis thrown upward from the edge of a tall building with a ...
- physics - An object is thrown upward from the edge of a tall building with a ...
- Physics - A ball is thrown from a building standing 30m high, landing 10m away ...
- Physics - You have three balls, one is thrown upward at 30m/s, on is dropped, ...
- physics - A ball is thrown vertically up from the edge of a 150 m building with ...
- Physics - A rock is thrown directly upward from the edge of the roof of a ...
- Physics - Hypothetically, you are standing on the balcony of an apartment on the...
- Physics - HELP PLEASE. Hypothetically, you are standing on the balcony of an ...
- math - A ball is thrown from the edge of a cliff with an initial velocity of 60·...
- Physics - A hammer is thrown horizontally from the flat roof of a tall building ...