Posted by marc on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 7:38am.
18. The following is a list of figures for a given year in billions of dollars. Using this data, compute: (a) GDP; (b) NDP; (c) NI; (d) PI; (e) DI; (f) Net exports.
Transfer payments $ 16
Government purchases 80
Personal taxes 38
Corporate income taxes 28
Indirect business taxes 15
Social security contributions 8
Undistributed corporate profits 19
Proprietor’s income 25
Compensation of employees 258
Personal consumption expenditures 322
Consumption of fixed capital 4
U.S. exports 14
Corporate profits 70
Imports to U.S. 17
Gross private domestic investment 63
Net foreign factor income earned in the U.S. 10
19. Which of the following are included and which are excluded in calculating this year’s GDP? Explain in each instance.
(a) A monthly scholarship check received by an economics student
(b) The purchase of a new corncrib by a farmer
(c) The purchase of a used tractor by a farmer
(d) The cashing in of a savings bond
(e) The services of a mechanic in fixing the radiator in his own car
(f) Social security checks received by a retired person
(g) An increase in business inventories
(h) Government purchase of missiles
(i) A barber’s income
(j) Income received from interest on a corporate bond
(k) Cash received from selling a corporate bond
- macroeconomics - Writeacher, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 7:52am
To quote one of our very good math and science tutors: “You will find here at Jiskha that long series of questions, posted with no evidence of effort or thought by the person posting, will not be answered. We will gladly respond to your future questions in which your thoughts are included.”
- macroeconomics - Anonymous, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 8:21pm
If a country is currently producing 11 units of health care and 16 units of education, what is the opportunity cost of producing 5 more units of education?
- macroeconomics - Anonymous, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 11:27pm
- macroeconomics - cas, Sunday, September 15, 2013 at 5:28pm
If a country is currently producing 11units of health care and 16 units of education, what is the opportunity cost of producing 5 more units of education
- macroeconomics - Anonymous, Monday, March 30, 2015 at 6:49pm
what is the gdp
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- economics - Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 10:30pm by kim. PHYSICS 1. A 4.0 N ...
- principles of macroeconomics - The following is a list of figures for a given ...
- econ - This chart shows the components of nominal GDP for the years 2000 and ...
- ECONOMICS - this is a table with some questions and i don't know how to solve it...
- economics plz help - this is a table with some questions and i don't know how to...
- economics - please please please please help me this is due tomorrow!!! this is ...
- macroeconomics - 27. The following data show nominal GDP and the appropriate ...
- economics please help - this is a table with some questions and i don't know how...
- Macroeconomics - Which of the following aren't included in the measurement of ...
- Economics - This chart shows the components of nominal GDP for the years 2000 ...