Posted by Alexis Moran on Monday, October 10, 2011 at 9:13pm.
At a certain temperature , 0.960 mol of SO3 is placed in a 3.50 L container.
2SO3 ----> 2SO2 + O2
At equilibrium , 0.190 mol of O2 is present. Calculate kc.
i know that it starts off by
2SO3 -----> 2SO2 + O2
I 0.960 0 0
C -2x +2x x
E 0.58 3.8 0.190
but then it says be sure to convert from moles to molar mass so i divided each equilibrium by 3.50 l . I did all of this but i still do not get the right answer !!! Someone help me please thank you
CHEMISTRY - DrBob222, Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 1:33am
0.960/3.5L = 0.274M
0.190/3.5L = 0.0543M
............2SO3 ==> 2SO2 + O2
So you know x must be 0.0543 which will allow you to calculate 2x and from there SO3 and SO2 at equilibrium. Then substitute into Kc expression and solv for Kc.
CHEMISTRY - Margaret, Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 11:40pm
I did what you said but I keep getting the wrong answer no matter what I do.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - At a certain temperature, 0.700 mol of SO3 is placed in a 3.50-L ...
- Chem 2 help - At a certain temperature, 0.800 mol of SO3 is placed in a 2.00-L ...
- chemistry - at a certain temperature 800 mole of so3 is placed in a 4.00-l ...
- chem - at a certain temperature, .700 mol of SO3 is place in a 4.50-L container...
- Chemistry - At a certain temperature, 0.900 mol of SO3 is placed in a 2.00-L ...
- Chemistry - At a certain temperature, 0.660 mol of SO3 is placed in a 3.00 L ...
- chemistry - hi i have difficulty in this question.any help would be much ...
- Chemistry - At a certain temperature, 0.885 mol of N2, and 2.654 mol of H2 are ...
- Chemistry - At a particular temperature, 13.7 mol of SO3 is placed into a 3.9-L ...
- Chem - At a certain temperature, 0.885 mol of N2, and 2.654 mol of H2 are placed...