Posted by Tiffany on Monday, October 10, 2011 at 7:01pm.
40. The greater of two numbers is 1 ore than twice the smaller. Three times the greater exceeds 5 times the smaller by 10. Find the numbers.
How do i start please explain. WHere do i start and how to do do this. AM very confused.
- MATh ( translate words into number) - bobpursley, Monday, October 10, 2011 at 7:07pm
check those statements.
- MATh ( translate words into number) - Tiffany , Monday, October 10, 2011 at 7:12pm
k thx got it
- MATh ( translate words into number) - Anonymous, Monday, October 10, 2011 at 7:37pm
G = 1 + 2 S
3 G - 10 = 5 S
3 ( 1 + 2 S ) - 10 = 5 S
3 + 6 S - 10 = 5 S
6 S - 5 S = 10 - 3
S = 7
G = 1 + 2 S
G = 1 + 2 7
G = 1 + 14
G = 15
G = greater number
S = smaller number
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - The greater of two numbers is 1 more than twice the smaller. Three times ...
- math - the greater of two numbers is 1 more than twice the smaller. three times ...
- Math - The greater of two numbers is 1 less than three times the smaller. If 3 ...
- math - Two numbers are such that twice the greater number exceeds twice the ...
- Math - Can someone please help me write this statement out in formula form. ...
- algebra - find two numbers such that if 7 is added to the greater the answer is ...
- Reiny! Reiny! Reiny! Answer Check and HW Help! - Translate to a system of ...
- Math(Algebra) - How would you set this problem up and work it: The difference ...
- math - A. In 1 year Kristen will be four times as old as Danielle. Ten years ...
- math - sum of two numbers is 40. the difference of 5 times the larger and 4 ...