Posted by Nyk on Friday, October 7, 2011 at 1:37pm.
The point P(8, −3) lies on the curve
y = 3/(7 − x).
(a) If Q is the point x, 3/(7 − x)),
use your calculator to find the slope
mPQ of the secant line PQ (correct to six decimal places) for the following values of x.
(b) Using the results of part (a), guess the value of the slope m of the tangent line to the curve at
(c) Using the slope from part (b), find an equation of the tangent line to the curve at P(8, −3).
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- calc - The point P(4, −2)lies on the curve y = 2/(3 − x). (a) If Q ...
- calculus - The point P(4, −2)lies on the curve y = 2/(3 − x). (a) If...
- Math - THE POINT (8,-3)LIES ON THE CURVE Y=3/(7-X) (a)IF Q IS THE POINT (x,3/(7-...
- calculus - Find an equation for the surface consisting of all points P(x, y, z) ...
- biology - Given the part of the molecule shown below, can the underlined atom ...
- Calculus - Find the point on the line 6x + y = 9 that is closest to the point (-...
- linear algebra - Let L be the line with parametric equations x = −5+2t y...
- vectors linear algebra - The parametric equations for a line L1 are as follows: ...
- math - Let L be the line with parametric equations x = −8+2t y = 4+3t z...
- Math Trig - 13. What is the equation of a cosine function with amplitude 3, ...