Posted by Jab on Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 7:06pm.
2. PYRAMIDS When climbing an ancient
Mayan pyramid, the Johnson family
noticed that the bottom of each side of the pyramid started with 50 large
stones. The next step up had 45 large
stones, the next step up had 40 stones, and so on. Write an equation to represent the number of stones on each level. How many levels can the pyramid
Steps 1 = 45 stones
Steps 2 = 40 stones
Steps 3 = 34
- Grade 9 Algebra Question 2 - Reiny, Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 7:14pm
Do you have a typo for steps 3= 34 , should it be 35?
level 0 = 50
level 1 = 45
level 2 = 40
level n = -5n + 50
so if level n = 0
counting ground level (level 0) there would be 11 levels
- Grade 9 Algebra Question 2 - Jab, Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 7:29pm
yes its a typo! 35
- Grade 9 Algebra Question 2 - Jab, Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 7:31pm
I like how you explain it. I now understand. Thanks Reiny!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Grade 9 - Three businesses donated money to charity. 5. Business B ...
- Grade 9 Algebra - 3. FOOTBALL The New Orleans Saints scored 7 fewer points than ...
- Math - Algebra 2 A sequence is of pyramids is created where the first pyramid ...
- Geometry - one of the ancient store pyramids in egypt has a square base that ...
- Mathematics - OPQRS is a right pyramid whose base is a square of sides 12cm each...
- math - according to the smithsonian institute, many of the original stones were ...
- geometry - A wooden pyramid, 12 inches tall, has a square base. A carpenter ...
- math - A wooden pyramid, 12 inches tall, has a square base. A carpenter ...
- Areas and volumes - A regular pyramid is inscribed in a right circular cylinder...
- Maths - OPQRS is a right pyramid whose base is a square of sides 12cm each. ...