Posted by Jab on Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 6:28pm.
5. Business B pledged $20 million less
than twice the amount pledged by
Business A. Business C pledged $200
million less than twice the amount
pledged by Business B. If x represents
the amount pledged by the Business A,
write expressions to show the amounts
pledged by Business B and Business C
in terms of x.
b. The combined pledges of Business A,
Business B, and Business C totaled
$1035 million. Write an equation that
can be used to determine how much
each business pledged.
(I have no idea how to do this problem)
- Algebra Question 1 - Reiny, Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 6:42pm
business A --- x , x in millions
business B --- 2x - 200
business C --- 2B - 200 = 2(2x-200) - 200
x + 2x-200 + 2(2x-200) - 200 = 1035
x +2x- 200 + 4x - 400 -200 = 1035
7x = 1835
x = 262.143 million
A pledged 262.143 million
B pledged 324.286 million
C pledged 448.571 million
262.143+324.286+448.571 = 1035
- Algebra Question 1 - Jab, Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 7:05pm
Thank you so much!
- Algebra Question 1 - dan, Tuesday, December 2, 2014 at 11:33pm
Bus. A pledged $185 million
Bus. B pledged 185x2=370-20=350 million
Bus. C pledged 350x2=700-200=500million
185+350+500= $1035 million
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Grade 9 - Three businesses donated money to charity. 5. Business B ...
- Grade 9 Algebra - 3. FOOTBALL The New Orleans Saints scored 7 fewer points than ...
- Math..please help! - During a recent telethon, people pledged $25 or $50. Twice ...
- math - during a recent telethon people pledged $25 or $50. twice as many people ...
- Math - Jana is taking pledges for a bike-a-thon fundraiser. Ivan pledged $4.25,...
- American History - Which statement best describes the Monroe Doctrine? A. The ...
- accounting - Jerry is considering whether to open a new business in Florida or ...
- business - Which of the following statements most represents a drawback to ...
- math - Two business partners, Ellen and Bob, invested money in their business at...
- algebra - a public television station set a goal of $350,000 in pledges during a...