Posted by ME on Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 4:32pm.
One summer, Nan worked in a factory with an employee who had recently arrived from France, a soft spoken young man named Jean-Louis. He spoke little English, but Nan's basic French (1)__(e)d for simple conversation and helpful translations. However, one day when she was called to the foreman's office, she wished she knew no french at all. FBI agents were there with Jean-Louis. After explaining that Jean-Louis may have been more (2)___ then the innocent young man he appeared to be, the foreman left her there to translate for the agents. The agents said Jean-Louis had been on the run after committing several jewel thefts in France. They had already been to Jean-Louis's apartment and confiscated a diamond necklace and some expensive watches. Nan straggled to translate their questions, which were often too (3)___ for her limited vocabulary. At times, she became so nervous that she was nearly (4)___. When Jean-Louis finally deciphered what Nan was saying, he said the police were maligning him. He claimed he was being mistaken for his no-good twin brother, who was responsible for the robberies, and therefore he was innocent-he should be absolved of all blame. The angry FBI agents found Jean-Louis's story (5)__. The conversation soon (6)___(e)d into a shouting match, with everyone yelling at poor Nan. When her boss heard the racket, he (7)___(e)d, appeased the agents, and got them to excuse her. Nan then went to the ladies room, a (8)___ from the turmoil of all the shouting. After the agents left with Jean-Louis, she was calm enough to go back to work. But she felt (9)___ for days as she wondered if she was under the (10)___of jewel thieves who might blame her for Jean-Louis's arrest.
- English check please help me out - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 4:39pm
Great! All your words are correct!
- English check please help me out - Renee, Friday, February 28, 2014 at 2:46pm
One summer, Nan worked in a factory with an employee who had recently arrived from France, a soft-spoken young man named Jean-Louis. He spoke little English, but Nanís basic French _____(e)d for simple conversations and helpful translations.
- English check please help me out - Anonymous, Monday, July 14, 2014 at 10:44pm
- English check please help me out - Anonymous, Monday, July 14, 2014 at 10:48pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English and Vocabulary - My Vocab Words: 1. Degenerate 2. Implausible 3. ...
- English - degenerate sanctuary implausible scrutiny incoherent sinister ...
- English Vocabulary fill in the blank - 1. Degenerate 2. Implausible 3. ...
- English - Nathan argues that each paragraph in a narrative should support the ...
- English - Joe's speech was incoherent. He made up words and talked so fast that ...
- English - The Excuse Dear Ms. Sachs, Please excuse Nan's absence from school ...
- Language - In which of those lines is the meaning of the word intercede best ...
- Algebre=Please check - Could someone check my answers for these two questions, ...
- ela - how many people worked at the Triangle Factory ( the factory that was ...
- Physics - For stable interference to occur, the phase difference must be ...