Posted by Mitch on Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 1:31pm.
Tims tet grades in french were:
what score must Tim make on his next test to average 92?
I said 99. because when you add all
numbers its 460/5 = 92
2) the water level indicator measures the rise and fall in meters of the water level in a resevoir. The o on the gauge indicates the normal water level in the reservoir. The water level at the end of the summer was
-2 and at the end of winter it was 1.
Find the difference between the 2 levels.
-2 - 1 = -3
-3 is the difference between the 2 levels.
is that right?
- math questions - drwls, Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 1:37pm
1) 99 is correct
2) I would call it a change of +3, since the water level rose going from summer to winter.
- math questions - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 1:40pm
He has a total of 378 points now.
Total possible for 5 tests is 500 points.
0.92 * 500 = 460 needed for 92%
460 - 378 = 82% needed on next test.
2) The difference is 3 meters
- math questions - Mitch, Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 2:07pm
for no 1)
I'm confused the data is:
86 96 88 91 which = 361
with a test score of 99
added in its;
86 96 88 91 and 99 = 460 /5 = 92%
and i dont understand how you get 3 meters
i got -3 meters
-2 + -1 = -3
- math questions - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 2:13pm
I'm sorry. I was wrong for number 1. I added the wrong group of numbers.
DrWLS is right (as usual) :-)
- math questions - Mitch, Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 2:18pm
OK SO 1ST ONE IS 99
I Still dont understand how its +3 difference?
can you explain?
- math questions - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 2:37pm
It was 2 meters below normal at the end of the summer. It was 1 meter ABOVE normal at the end of winter. The water rose 3 meters in the intervening months.
- math questions - marko, Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 2:43pm
OK I get it now
- math questions - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 2:53pm
Marko/Mitch -- please keep the same name on your posts.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- M A T H - WORD PROBLEM: Tims tet grades in french were: 86,96,88,91 what score ...
- math,correction - can someone correct this for me please. Statistics. Sam must ...
- math correction - can someone correct this for me.or teach me if i'm wrong ...
- math - The average of 5 numbers is 28. What would the 6th number have to be to ...
- math - Ted must have an average of 70 or more in his summer course to obtain a ...
- 6th grade math - Chris has made the following grades on five math test. 90,74,86...
- statistics - Alice has grades of 98, 93, 82, and 89. If all of the grades count ...
- MATH - Erics 4 test grades are 85, 75, 97, 93 . What must she make on her 5th ...
- algebra - to pass a course with an A grade, a student ,must have an average of ...
- math - Paul has grades of 73 and 86 on his first two tests. What must he score ...