Posted by Candy Corn on Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 7:52pm.
This is a brief story on Jackie Robinson's life and I have to make a sequence of important events in his life and the first one was done for me:
Jackie Robinson was the first African American baseball player to play in the modern Major leagues. He played in the Negro Leagues until 1947 when he was signed to the Brooklyn Dodgers. Despite controversy about Robinson breaking the color barrier, he was an immediate success. During his first season, he led the National League in stolen bases, and after the season ended he was named Rookie of the Year. During his third season, he won the league's batting title and was later named baseball's Most Valuable Player.
1.Played in the Negro Leagues
I need Help! Something to help steer me in the right direction. Ms. Sue, if you would help, that'd be great!!!
- Literacy - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 7:57pm
2. Signed to the Brooklyn Dodgers
What happened next?
- Literacy - Candy Corn , Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 7:59pm
He was an immediate success?
- Literacy - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 8:01pm
- Literacy - Candy Corn , Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 8:05pm
He led the national league in stolen bases?
- Literacy - Candy Corn , Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 8:07pm
Would I/could I add that he was named rookie of the year for my top answer or would that be separate?
- Literacy - Candy Corn , Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 8:08pm
By top answer I mean " he led the national league in stolen bases
- Literacy - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 8:13pm
4. He led the national league in stolen bases.
Answer this Question
early childhood - beginning child story tellers 1 .have story sense and story ...
English - 12th grade - Can anyone help me find a short story that parallels my ...
Early Childhood Language - 1. Beginning child storytellers: A.have story sense ...
English - Thesis Statement on Life of Pi - a) how is life of pi a story within a...
humanities - A brief story about a community that functions the way epics did in...
just a question - why are the small events of life important to you? i say that ...
autobiography question - I have to turn in a "model biography" ...
English - I still have a few more sentences I'm not sure of. Thank you very ...
English - Thank you very much! Can I divide my work into summary, narrative ...
cultral diversity - Help! check my answer Emergent literacy skills are ...
For Further Reading