Posted by HM on Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 2:53pm.
In forming Medicare,
a. President Johnson allowed conservatives to propose a program, knowing it would ensure passage by Congress.
> This is probably not correct because congress was never so easy.
b. President Johnson resisted some Democratic urging to propose a European-style government paid system.
>Democrats will never wish for a european style system.
c. President Johnson first tried to propose a European-style government paid system but was blocked by conservatives.
> Could be possible because LBJ was a Democrat.
d. President Johnson opposed any formation of a government supported system.
>Democrats want Government help.
e. None of these answers is correct.
I can not seem to know what can be the correct and legitimate answer.
I have written a comment about every option. Please tell me I am right or wrong.
- USA PoliScience - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 3:08pm
Many Democrats in recent years have advocated for a European-style government paid health care.
Check this article and see what you think.
- USA PoliScience - HM, Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 3:17pm
Okay after reading this article, A is wrong.
B and C I don't know and ...
D is obviously wrong too..Since medicare IS by the government.
- USA PoliScience - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 3:29pm
The answer is b.
- USA PoliScience - HM, Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 3:31pm
Hmm. Thank you. So not all democrats favor European style system though right?
- USA PoliScience - HM, Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 3:34pm
Obama and the Democrats attempt to turn the American health care system into a European-style system.
So they are democrats who want to do it the European style. Aha.
- USA PoliScience - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 3:49pm
Some Democrats favor a single-payer system similar to those in Canada and Europe. However, others don't.
- USA PoliScience - HM, Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 3:51pm
Hmm, why is C not correct either?
Answer this Question
- Constitution - Which case gives Congress the most authority under the Commerce ...
- government - which of the following is a way a bill can become a law without the...
- History - who was more successful in dealing with Congress and why? President ...
- congress and law - Why hasnít the president simply vetoed such laws since ...
- social studies - supposed a president vetoed a bill passed by congress according...
- social study - suppose the president vettoed a bill passed by congress according...
- American Government - if there is collision between the president and congress,...
- social studies - If there is collision between the president and Congress, can ...
- social studies - Suppose you wanted to make government more capable of acting to...
- government - the office of management and budget helps in the budget process by ...