Posted by Peter on Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 12:29am.
At a county fair, adults' tickets sold for $5.50, senior citizens' tickets for $4.00, and children's tickets for $1.50. On the opening day, the number of children's and senior's tickets sold was 30 more than half of the number of adults' tickets sold. the number senior citizens' tickets sold was 5 more than four times the number of children's tickets. How many of each type of ticket were sold if the total receipts from the ticket sales were $14, 970?
Algebra 2 - Henry, Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 8:40pm
X = The # of adult tickets sold.
X/2 + 30 = The # of seniors & children
5.5x + 5.5(x/2+30) = $14,970,
5.5x + 2.75x + 165 = 14,970,
8.25x + 165 = 14,970,
8.25x = 14,970 - 165 = 14,805,
X = 1795 Adult tickets sold.
x/2 + 30 = 1795/2 + 30 = 928 Children's
and seniors tickets sold.
Y = The # of children's tickets sold.
4y + 5 = The # of senior's tickets sold.
y + (4y+5) = 928,
5y + 5 = 928,
5y = 928 - 5 = 923,
Y = 185 Children's tickets sold.
4y + 5 = 4*185 + 5 = 745 Senior tickets
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 - At a county fair, adults' tickets sold for $5.50, senior citizens' ...
- Math 70 - At a county fair, an adult ticket sold for $6.00, a senior citizen’s ...
- Math - Andrea sells tickets at the Showtime Cinema. On Thursday night, Back to ...
- Algebra - On the opening night of a play at a local theatre, 895 tickets were ...
- Math - Exactly 120 tickets were sold for a concert. The tickets cost $12 each ...
- math - San Pablo is having a festival. Tickets for children under 12 cost $2, ...
- algebra - A movie theater has 400 seats. Tickets at the theater cost $8 for ...
- college math - ticket for a concert cost $5.00 for adults, $3.00 for children ...
- math - tickets for a football match are sold at $30 for adults and $15 for ...
- Algebra - Help? The school john goes to is selling tickets to the annual dance ...