Posted by Mysterious on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:35pm.
Nationalism Imperialism Autonomy
Definition of all these three.
Nationalism means supporting your own country.
Imperialism means supporting Britain always.
Autonomy means Independence.
If you could add to these definitions that would be great.
Also for the Imperialism Nationalism thing...Did Britain not support Canada for the Alaska Boundary dispute, I think they supported the U.S, and then when there came a time...Britain asked for the help of Canada to help them in this war, and the French Canadiens did not want Canada to support Britain, because this was not canada's war. That's why the French Canadiens were known as Nationalists I believe.
Socials - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:40pm
Your definition of imperialism is wrong.
Here's more information about the Alaska-Canada boundary dispute.
Socials - Mysterious, Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:54pm
If you don't mind could you explain to me in your own words the definitions? Also is there a difference between imperialism and imperialist?
The disappointment and anger in Canada was directed less at the United States, and more at the British government for betraying Canadian interests in pursuit of a friendly relationship between Britain and the United States.
So Did Britain betray Canada in any way?
Socials - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 10:04pm
This is the first definition of imperialism:
"the policy of extending the rule or authority of an empire or nation over foreign countries, or of acquiring and holding colonies and dependencies."
It means the policy of ruling other countries.
Imperialism is a policy. An imperialist is a person who follows that policy.
Your quote above said that Britain betrayed Canadian interests.
Socials - Mysterious, Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 10:06pm
How did they betray it? by supporting U.S over Canada on that alaska boundary dispute?
Socials - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 10:08pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Global History - How was Nationalism a cause of imperialism? and what was gained...
- Socials - Explain the meaning on Nationalism: I wrote: Nationalism is the belief...
- World History - 1. Competing among nations to gain foreign territory and ...
- history - Anticolonial movements shared all but which of the following features...
- scocial studies - how did imperialism, nationalism and militarism lead to WW1
- world history - How did 18th- and 19th-Century European imperialism help to ...
- Socials - How did Napoleon help to spread feelings of nationalism throughout ...
- Socials - What is the difference between Patriotism and Nationalism: The ...
- history - what connection was made beetween imperialism and the American ...
- history - Using the acronym M.A.I.N. ( militarism , alliances , imperialism , ...