Posted by -Untamed- on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 8:50pm.
V = Radical
V2(V5-12V3)-V3(V8-2V30) can be written in simplest form aVb-cVd, where a, b, c ,d are all positive integers. The value of a + b + c + d is ________.
So after solving all this out, I arrived at 7V10 - 14V6. That - is beside the 14, and Im only supposed to have positive integers, so does that negative sign mean anything at all *question mark* --Sorry accidentally pressed this button on keyboard, now Im getting all these french letters, so cant paste a question mark.
Calculus--Reiny - bobpursley, Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 8:54pm
what the negative sign means is c is negative.
Calculus - -Untamed-, Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:04pm
But all a,b,c and d are supposed to be positive integers, and I looked over this again, and its supposed to simplify into aVb-cVd, so that means that the negative sign is supposed to be there, but the integer C is not negative.
Calculus--Reiny - Reiny, Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:35pm
= √10 - 12√6 - √24 + 2√90
= √10 - 12√6 - 2√6 + 6√10
= 7√10 - 14√6
which is what you got.
comparing this to a√b - c√d
a=7 , b = 10 , c = -14, and d = 6
a+b+c+d = 7+10-14+6 = 9
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Write the expression 2/3sqrt(80)in its simplest radical form A/Bsqrt(C), ...
- Math - Suppose A,B, and C are positive integers such that 24/5 = A + 1/B+1/C+1 ...
- Math - Let S(n) denote the sum of digits of the integer n. Over all positive ...
- math 9 - when 5 radical 20 is written in simplest form, the result is k radical ...
- algebra - 1.what is the simplest form of the producy sqrt 50x^7y^7 * sqrt 6 xy^4...
- geometry - Let ABC be a right triangle with ACB =90, AC =6 , and BC =2. E is the...
- math, algebra,correction & help - directions are: write each fraction in ...
- Math-Involing i's - 1)What is the product of 5+ Radical (-36) and 1-Radical (-49...
- algebra - What s radical 20 is written in simplest radical for, the result is k ...
- precal - give the value of each expression in simplest radical form of sine -45 ...