Posted by HM on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 5:43pm.
Select a two interest groups that are on opposite side of some issue or policy goal.
I was thinking I should write about
American Freedom Agenda-
But does the question mean we have to find two groups against each other? Or one group on an issue.. and is my choice an interest group ?
- USA PoliScience - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 5:48pm
Yes, the American Freedom Agenda is a political interest group.
Your assignment now is to find another interest group that opposes the AFA.
- USA PoliScience - HM, Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 5:49pm
Hmm, I can not think of any one opposing it.
- USA PoliScience - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 5:52pm
Look for groups who are strong on Homeland Security and support Guantanamo and torture.
Or take several of the AFA's agenda items and look for groups that oppose them.
- USA PoliScience - HM, Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 5:55pm
Would The Heritage Foundation work?
- USA PoliScience - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 6:00pm
I don't think so, but I don't know much about either organization.
I suggest you use the "Contact Us" button on the AFA site and ask them for the name of a group that opposed the AFA.
- USA PoliScience - HM, Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 8:28pm
Hmm, I did it on American Association of Affirmative action and Center of Equal Opportunity instead.
Ill post it up.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- American government - Under pluralism, a member of two interest groups competing...
- Government - I have to write an essay on the question: What are the advantages ...
- policy issue - I have to come up with a issue statement about a policy and make ...
- 12th grade participation in govt. - A. Select a public policy issue you are very...
- Politics - Which of the following statements about interest groups is correct? A...
- government - the public agenda refers to a. the goal of a mandate b. the ...
- government please read - I have to write an essay on the question: What are the ...
- USA PoliScience - HELP FAST - When the Fed was created in 1913, a. it had no ...
- law - Choose a current federal, state, or local issue that directly affects ...
- Government USA-Help - 27. Welfare policy in the United States a. is an issue ...