Posted by help on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 12:37pm.
An unknown mixture containing KClO3 was added to an ignition tube weighting 41.960g, The tube and mixture was then found to weight 43.772g. After the first heating, the tube and its contents weighed 43.621g.
After the second and third heatings, it weighed 43.332g.
1)What mass of oxigen was liberated from the unknown mixture?
2)what mass of KClO3 was contained in the original mixture?
3)what was the percentage of KClO3 in the original mixture?
chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 5:35pm
Note: weigh is spelled without the final t.
43.772 g = mass KClO3 mixture + tube
-41. 960 = mass tube
?? = mass KClO3 initially.
43.772 = mass KClO3 mixtur + tube
-43.332 = mass after final heating
?? = loss in mass = mass oxygen
%oxygen = (mass O2/mass KClO3)*100 =
chemistry - help, Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 10:47am
is the lost in mass O? or H2O? sorry.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - formula: 2KClO3 + NaCL = 2KCl + NaCl + 3O2 MASS OF TEST TUBE & ...
- chemistry - I am enrolled in analytical chemistry after a 4 year break from any ...
- gravimetric prob - A pure organic compound weighing 947.4mg was heated in a ...
- Org. Chem. - what is the precipitate formed when HCl is added? I believe the ...
- Chemistry - I did a lab where I had to decompose the compund patassium cholorate...
- lab! - Use the following description of an experiment to answer the questions. A...
- chemistry - Ca(ClO3)2 + KCl --> CaCl2 + 3O2 + KCl Mass of test tube = 7.918g...
- serial dilutions - label 5 tubes 1-5. Ad 1.50 ml of diluent to each tube. to the...
- chemistry - DATA TABLE 2: SPOT TESTS OF SUPERNATANT SAMPLES FROM REACTION TUBES ...
- Chemistry - Suppose I put 1 billion bacteria in a 10 ml tube of saline, mix well...