posted by Kelli on .
For these hypothesis, I need to know...
Determine what research goal is required
determine whether you can use the experimental method
decide how you would define your variables(using operational definitions)
(1) A pregnant woman's diet affects the birth weight of the baby
(2) Exercise is related to stress levels
(3) Visual imagery improves memory
(4) Jury decisions are influenced by the attractiveness of the defendant
(5) Age of instructor is related to students evaluation of the instructor
1. What aspects of the woman's diet would you use? Birth weight would be very empirical.
2. What type(s) of exercise and what is your measure of stress?
3. How would you measure visual imagery? Memory?
4. Jurors would have to be given case descriptions with photos of the defendant. Different photos would be used that have been separately ranked on the dimension of attractiveness. Different level photos would be matched to the same case description.
5. Are you talking grade school, high school or college?
Not many solutions, but it might give you a better idea of what you need.