Posted by Nicole on Monday, October 3, 2011 at 10:18pm.
Your bedroom is 18 ft long and 15 ft wide, and the distance from floor to ceiling is 8 ft 6 in. You need to know the volume of the room in metric units for some scientific calculations.
(a). What is the room’s volume in cubic meters?
(b). What is the mass of air in the room in kilograms? (Assume density of air is 1.2 g/ L and the room is empty of furniture.)
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, October 3, 2011 at 10:56pm
ft x 12"/ft x 2.54 cm/in x 1m/100cm = ?meters
Convert 18ft, 15 ft, an 8.5ft to meters, then volume = length x width x height. That will give you #1.
For #2, convert cubic meters to liters (I would go from cubic meters to cc, then to L), then volume x density = mass in grams.
- Chemistry - Nicole, Monday, October 3, 2011 at 11:12pm
ok quick question i got the lxwxh and then that would be # 1 .. for i take the answers from one and convert them to liters.. ?/
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, October 3, 2011 at 11:15pm
There are 100 cm in 1 m; therefore,
?cubic meters x (1m/100 cm)^3 = x cc.
Then convert x cc to liters (you remember 1000 cc = 1L)
- Chemistry - Nicole, Monday, October 3, 2011 at 11:16pm
ok so a was 84.9 vol .. so i take that and then.. i then take the m and convert them to kil.. then do the vxd=m
- Chemistry - Nicole, Monday, October 3, 2011 at 11:28pm
ok for 2 i did m= 1.2g/l /84.9= .0141 then moved dec. 3 places which made it 14.1 kg is that right or close..
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, October 3, 2011 at 11:41pm
No, for two reasons.
#1. I think the volume is closer to 65 m^3 so you need to rethink that part.
#2. I screwed up on the conversion of m^3 to cc.
m^3 x (100cm/1m) x (100 cm/1m) x (100 cm/1m) = x cc. Divide that by 1000 to convert to L. I think the answer is close to 65,000 L.
65,000 L x 1.2 g/L = ?grams and grams/1000 = kg. My final answer is about 78 kg.
Answer this Question
- math - Assume that aclass room is arectangular box where the floor is 8metres ...
- Math - Jack is going to paint the ceiling and 4 walls of a room that is 10ft ...
- geometry - a room is 18 feet long,15 feet wide and has an 8 foot ceiling.a cord ...
- chemistry - a room is 18ft long, 15ft wide and from floor to ceiling is ...
- physics - A 1.70 kg ball is attached to a ceiling by a 1.50 m long string. The ...
- Math - a room is 18 ft long, 14 ft wide, and 8 ft high then how would you find ...
- physics - A 2.41 kg ball is attached to a ceiling by a 1.86 m long string. The ...
- Metric System - I have two queations that have to do with the metric system: 1- ...
- Math - A picture must be hung on a wall were the distance from the floor to ...
- Acoustic - Consider a room that is 6m long, 5m wide and 3m high and whose walls...